× Members

New ESA 50 form 02/15

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130959 by Sasha
New ESA 50 form 02/15 was created by Sasha
Hi! I am still waiting to be transferred from SDA to ESA and have tried to prepare my answers in advance. I discovered today that there is a new ESA 50 form. Apart from the questions being in a different order, they are the same (I think?) but there is a big difference. The text boxes are MUCH smaller and on my computer, the text no longer shrinks so the amount you can write is strictly limited. Is this really the case or is my computer not working properly?! I fear I am going to have to add an extra sheet of paper for almost every page in the questionnaire. Do you think this will be acceptable or should I try to give far less information?

Thank you for your help.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130964 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic New ESA 50 form 02/15

Pippa wrote: Hi! I am still waiting to be transferred from SDA to ESA and have tried to prepare my answers in advance. I discovered today that there is a new ESA 50 form. Apart from the questions being in a different order, they are the same (I think?) but there is a big difference. The text boxes are MUCH smaller and on my computer, the text no longer shrinks so the amount you can write is strictly limited. Is this really the case or is my computer not working properly?! I fear I am going to have to add an extra sheet of paper for almost every page in the questionnaire. Do you think this will be acceptable or should I try to give far less information?

Thank you for your help.

Hi P,

Having just tried the new ESA50 02/15, it seems that you are correct in that the text does not shrink to fit more information into the text boxes.

You could contact them as advised on Page 1, to see whether this is an error, or this is how it is supposed to be :

"If you are having technical difficulties: downloading the form navigating around the form, or printing the form.

Please contact the DWP Online helpdesk. Phone: 0345/0845 604 3349

Minicom (textphone): 0345/0845 604 0523

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Opening hours Monday to Friday: 8.00am - 6.00pm Weekend: 8.00am - 4.00pm

Closed on all Public and Bank Holidays."

Failing that, you can either write "See separate A4 Page xx of xx" and write all your information on the separate A4, or fill the text box then write at the bottom, "Continued on separate A4 page xx of xx".

Either option should be acceptable.

See : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris