× Members

Pip Assessment - system down

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130998 by suze_dee
Pip Assessment - system down was created by suze_dee
Hi there

Had my long awaited assessment yesterday. Just a troll for any thoughts on this.....

My appointment time was between 9 and 11. Received a phone call at 10.22 to say that the system was down and that she hadn't been able to view any of my paperwork and therefore knew nothing about my condition. She still wanted to do the visit. Being caught on the hop I agreed as I didn't want to have to wait even longer for another appointment.

She turned up at about 10.45 and despite me having paper copies of my form and evidence she didn't read it. Also because she was late, and then spent quite a long time here I ended up really tired and getting a bit muddly as the time went on.

So my question is this, if the decision does not go in my favour (way to stay positive there!) is this grounds for a review/appeal/can't think of the right name (damn you brain fog!).
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131009 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Assessment - system down
suze_dee

Hopefully it will not be an issue, but if you do need to challenge the Decision then it is unlikely that the problems you report will be seen as sufficient to invalidate that Decision. As a general rule the DWP will take the report to be an accurate review of your problems, unless you can show that it was not, there are two routes to proving this.

First you are able to show that the information reported by the HCP is fundamentally wrong, this would not be a difference of opinion, but issues over fact, for example; they failed to notice that you have an artificial leg.

Secondly, the report is withdrawn by the Assessment Provider as not meeting the required standard, you would likely need to make a complaint and wait for this to be processed, before you could act on it.

The most effective approach to dealing with an unwanted Decision is to go back to basics and show that you meet the criteria for the benefit and why the assessors opinions are incorrect.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #131018 by suze_dee
Replied by suze_dee on topic Pip Assessment - system down
Thanks Gordon. I am kind of steeling myself to get knocked back despite having given good documentary evidence with the original submission. I just felt it was a little unfair that because the system was down and she was running late she didn't bother reading anything about my conditions. I guess time will now tell altho I spent an hour this morning scanning thru the "next book in the series" on how to appeal!

More
9 years 2 months ago #131020 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip Assessment - system down
suze_dee

I've long given up trying to second guess assessments, we've had people tell us they has the best assessment they could hope for, only to receive no award at all and others who could not conceive of a worse one, who have had the top award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: naheegan

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris