× Members

Universal credit

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131000 by TerryS
Universal credit was created by TerryS
I am in the esa support group as is my wife.I also receive high rate mobility and low rate care DLA,my wife also receives low rate care DLA.If we are transferred to universal credit would we be paid as a couple and be financially worse off.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131002 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Universal credit

TerryS wrote: I am in the esa support group as is my wife.I also receive high rate mobility and low rate care DLA,my wife also receives low rate care DLA.If we are transferred to universal credit would we be paid as a couple and be financially worse off.

Hi TS,

I really wouldn't worry about UC in the mid-term.

It may be some considerable time, if at all, that "Complex Case" claimants such as you and your wife are transferred over to UC.

Even if this does come to pass, only ESA claimants in receipt of Income Related (IR) ESA would be transferred over to UC.

Claimants in receipt of Contribution Based (CB) ESA will not be transferred over to UC.

CB ESA would be renamed "New ESA".

If Labour become the new government in May, they have stated that they will pause the UC roll out and re-evaluate the cost versus any savings.

Have a read through : This Post.

Here are all the posts that came up when I put UC into the site search engine :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=sea...ldforums=1&catids=10

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.