× Members

Pip refused 0 points rewarded,

• John
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131010 by John
Pip refused 0 points rewarded, was created by John
Please if anyone can advise, I had joined the forum before we applied for pip and followed the list on how to explain our situation on paper as I am useless and not very confident with paperwork and explaining my problems.

I am a full time carer for my wife, and children, my eldest has autism and we have never asked for help.we had an assessment at home and were told to make an application for pip for myself and daughter.

I had an accident two years ago which has left me with a mobility problem, my leg was badly damaged and subsequent surgery failed to fix the issue, almost 2 years on we admitted to the carers worker how much I have been struggling and was advised to apply for pip.

I have disc issues in my lumbar area and compressed nerves which affect my leg and I am in pain day and night and life is a million miles from where I was two years ago.

I can't walk well, my leg dislocates up to 20 times a day, it locks and I fall over, it dislocates even sitting down all was explained.

11 hospital reports were sent with my form completely filled in with all the problems, and my daughters were the same. Capita assessment at home, and woman was horrendous.

Didn't listen to a word really and answered all her questions herself really, and when We did try offer information she moved onto the next question.

Dreaded brown envelope arrived today and 0 points awarded. Nothing for anything and to say I'm upset is an understatement.

The distress speaking out and admitting to even admit there was issues affected me badly and this has just destroyed my confidence I feel like I've been made out to be a liar.

I rang to ask for an explanation and have been told I have to put it in writing before they will even tell me how they reached this decision, and until then will not release what the capita assessment even said.

How have they reached this decision. I'm due OT assessment for house adaptions and all of this was told to capita and in the paperwork.

I am due more surgeries, and will need a knee replacement. I don't know where to turn. Can anyone advise please

I feel so down and defeated. I don't know where to start.

Many thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: broken into paras

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131013 by
Replied by on topic Pip refused 0 points rewarded,

John wrote: Please if anyone can advise, I had joined the forum before we applied for pip and followed the list on how to explain our situation on paper as I am useless and not very confident with paperwork and explaining my problems.

I am a full time carer for my wife, and children, my eldest has autism and we have never asked for help.we had an assessment at home and were told to make an application for pip for myself and daughter.

I had an accident two years ago which has left me with a mobility problem, my leg was badly damaged and subsequent surgery failed to fix the issue, almost 2 years on we admitted to the carers worker how much I have been struggling and was advised to apply for pip.

I have disc issues in my lumbar area and compressed nerves which affect my leg and I am in pain day and night and life is a million miles from where I was two years ago.

I can't walk well, my leg dislocates up to 20 times a day, it locks and I fall over, it dislocates even sitting down all was explained.

11 hospital reports were sent with my form completely filled in with all the problems, and my daughters were the same. Capita assessment at home, and woman was horrendous.

Didn't listen to a word really and answered all her questions herself really, and when We did try offer information she moved onto the next question.

Dreaded brown envelope arrived today and 0 points awarded. Nothing for anything and to say I'm upset is an understatement.

The distress speaking out and admitting to even admit there was issues affected me badly and this has just destroyed my confidence I feel like I've been made out to be a liar.

I rang to ask for an explanation and have been told I have to put it in writing before they will even tell me how they reached this decision, and until then will not release what the capita assessment even said.

How have they reached this decision. I'm due OT assessment for house adaptions and all of this was told to capita and in the paperwork.

I am due more surgeries, and will need a knee replacement. I don't know where to turn. Can anyone advise please

I feel so down and defeated. I don't know where to start.

Many thanks

Hi J,

Welcome to the forum !! :)

If it is any consolation, you are not alone in your experiences !! :(

Your first step in challenging the adverse 0 points decision would be to make a formal written request for a Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR)

This should arrive at The DWP no later than one month from the date of the adverse PIP Decision Notice letter :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

It is important to reiterate how and why you should have received the appropriate points for the relevant PIP Descriptors, even if you have done so previously.

You could redraw their attention to evidence that you have previously provided, as well as any fresh evidence that may be supportive, such as the impending OT Report.

Initially you can just make it clear that you are requesting an MR of the decision, providing evidence that you currently have.

If you don't have The OT Report or any other evidence in time to include it with the MR request, you can make comment that you will forward it on as soon as you have it.

Have a look at our : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

You might also wish to revisit our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

If you haven't already taken our : PIP Self Test, you might want to do so now.

Make sure that you are quite strict with the marking.

It could help you to identify which PIP Descriptors you should be highlighting.

You should be able to request copy of The PIP Assessment Report now.over the phone :

PIP helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

If you have problems obtaining it, you could issue a SAR :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

If you wish to complain to Capita regarding their assessor, you could do this as a separate issue : Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries and we will do our best to help.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by .

More
9 years 2 months ago #131027 by debbiesixtysix1
Replied by debbiesixtysix1 on topic Pip refused 0 points rewarded,
Your story sounds exactly like mine.although I was fighting for ESA and was rewarded 0 points.i had been on Incapacity Benefits after an accident years ago after having a serious accident that left major disc problems in lower back and mobility problems..
I felt it made me sound like a liar too.In the end I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and all the paperwork that comes with fighting for your rights.Again the decision maker failed to change the outcome.I took it to tribunal and won.....
So I am just letting you know hope can be around the corner please don't give up ?

More
9 years 2 months ago #131037 by sarahjane
Replied by sarahjane on topic Pip refused 0 points rewarded,
john most of us have had the 0 points letters, go for the MR and tribunal if necessary, i was awarded 0 points, went to tribunal been in support group for last 3 years, its tough but stick at it

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris