× Members

Change of circumstances

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131025 by Sasha
Change of circumstances was created by Sasha
What happens to my ESA ( income based wrag ) if I move into my sons house?
He works, doesn't claim benefits and has a mortgage. We would share utilities bills, but mortgage is his only.
He wouldn't charge me rent. He's basically doing this because i'm struggling financially. Also how would Universal Credit affect this arrangement?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by . Reason: tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131035 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Change of circumstances
AS

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Moving into your son's house should not have any effect on your ESA even though it is ESA(IR), he and his family will not be classed as part of your household, he should make sure that there is no impact on his finances.

Make sure you write to the DWP to the DWP with details of the change when it happens and keep a copy of the letter.

As far as I can see this should be no different under Universal Credit, however, any transfer will be some time away.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sasha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris