× Members

PIP

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131102 by Jacqueline
PIP was created by Jacqueline
Hi I hope I am using this correctly and i hope to get an answer its just that I have been hearing so many horror stores regarding Atos telling lies on reports regarding ppl they were interviewing so they underscored them.

This is totally stressing me out because at the end of the day how can you prove to these ppl that it hurts to walk after 5 mins and means increased pain? how do you prove to these ppl anything apart from what you are tellling them.

I am getting very stressed regarding this because I have fibromylaglio which is not a visible illness on the outside but causes chronic pain on the inside which prevents you from doing certain activities without pain.

How does 1 prove this.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131105 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP

Jacqueline wrote: Hi I hope I am using this correctly and i hope to get an answer its just that I have been hearing so many horror stores regarding Atos telling lies on reports regarding ppl they were interviewing so they underscored them.

This is totally stressing me out because at the end of the day how can you prove to these ppl that it hurts to walk after 5 mins and means increased pain? how do you prove to these ppl anything apart from what you are tellling them.

I am getting very stressed regarding this because I have fibromylaglio which is not a visible illness on the outside but causes chronic pain on the inside which prevents you from doing certain activities without pain.

How does 1 prove this.

Hi J,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You should take into account that for every "Horror Story" that you read, there are probably many, many others who have positive experiences.

Bad news travels fast !!!

If the Assessor is going to make recommendations that totally contradict medical and/or written evidence that you have provided, they would have to justify it or risk their whole Assessment Report being discredited.

It is The DWP PIP Decision Maker (DM) (Case Manager) who makes the final decision, and they must take All the evidence before them into account. not just the Assessment Report.

This is why it will be important to provide details of "How your Disability Affects You" on an ongoing day to day basis.

Backing up any of your declared limitations with written medical evidence, where at all possible.

Our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page) helps to guide you through the whole PIP Claims process, and points out any potential pitfalls.

You could also take our : PIP Self Test marking your self very strictly.

This should give you an idea of which PIP Descriptors may be applicable to you, and how many points you may receive.

We understand your comments regarding Fibromyalgia, but we do have quite a lot of members who suffer with this, and have made successful claims.

Remember, it is not the medical condition in itself that may or may not give you an award, it is the limitations suffered as a result of the medical condition.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.