× Members

Esa change in benefits letter

More
9 years 2 months ago #131114 by debbiesixtysix1
Esa change in benefits letter was created by debbiesixtysix1
Today I received my change in benefits letter for ESA.
I am angry as 2 years ago I was on incapacity benefit, last year I was migrated to esa in the support group and through this year from April I will be on the same amount as I was in April 13. Is this really fair ?? No increases for 3 years....I can see why DWP ,Iain Duncan Smith and Maximus they are having the increases .Maximus have the increases of 3 times what Atos was on.I can see why now , keeping claimants from increases is not the answer and increasing the departments where they think they can reduce the claimants numbers makes sense to them.what about increases in bills just to get by for us , the vulnerable ones.we can't help having to claim due to disability and suffering PAIN.
Can you tell me why my benefits and others have been frozen ????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131130 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa change in benefits letter
Debbie

It sounds as if you were/still are receiving a Transitional Protection Payment in addition to the normal ESA rate, this would be paid to claimants transferred from IB where there IB payments were higher than the calculated rate of ESA due their award. Whilst you receive this payment any increase in ESA rates will be offset against this extra payment until it is fully eroded at which time your will only receive ESA at the then current rate and will be eligible for any increase in the benefit rates.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131139 by debbiesixtysix1
Replied by debbiesixtysix1 on topic Esa change in benefits letter
Thank you Gordon.
I was always led to believe that in the esa support group it was more money and in fact what you mentioned it isn't at all if your IB was higher prior to getting esa like mine was.
And as for support ? I think I got more help and support on invalidity & incapacity benefit over the last 20 + years ago than I get now. All the DWP are interested in reducing claimant numbers and giving them a hard time....
Again thanks for your help and support that's all that many members are grateful for just now...
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131142 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Esa change in benefits letter

Debbie wrote: Thank you Gordon.
I was always led to believe that in the esa support group it was more money and in fact what you mentioned it isn't at all if your IB was higher prior to getting esa like mine was.
And as for support ? I think I got more help and support on invalidity & incapacity benefit over the last 20 + years ago than I get now. All the DWP are interested in reducing claimant numbers and giving them a hard time....
Again thanks for your help and support that's all that many members are grateful for just now...

Hi D,

On successful transfer to ESA you are covered by Transitional Protection where you cannot receive any less than you were receiving prior to transfer, but you may be paid more.

See : What will I be paid?

From our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.