× Members

ESA Support Group

• Brian Hudson
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #131117 by Brian Hudson
ESA Support Group was created by Brian Hudson
Can anyone help I was on IB benefit in 2011 and I had been for about 20 years However I was sent to ATOS for reassessment in September 2012 and was found fit for work. I took my case to tribunal and was put in the support group in Feb 2014 for 2 years The tribunal awarded me ESA based on regulation 29 & 35 However none of the descriptors did not apply to me. My question is will the DWP reassess me when my 2 years are up in Feb 2016 or can they reassess me before this date Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #131127 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Support Group
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The 2 year recommendation from The Tribunal is simply that, a recommendation and has little standing in law.

These recommendations began to try and stop revolving door, repeat appeals.

With regards to legislation, an ESA Award can be reassessed any time after 3 months have elapsed since the date of the ESA Award Decision.

In reality, they generally stick with the prognosis of the award.

As things stand currently ESA reassessment are being deferred, this has been going on since Jan 2014, to help them work through the huge backlog.

Due to this, it is hard to say when you may be reassessed.

Have a look at : This Topic, and the posts from links provided therein.

You might also find : This Post informative.

You should also remember that as The Tribunal decision was a re-making of the adverse fit for work decision circa September 2012, that you will be classed as having been in The SG, since that date, and not just from the date of The Tribunal Hearing.

Hope this helps.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.