× Members

Question regarding your ESA guide please

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131144 by Chrissy
Hi I am a member, and have the latest pdf regarding claiming ESA but there is some information I cannot find on your site.

In your news letter you mention when reassessments are likely to be recommenced under maximus, but I cannot find it, and would like to know when reassessments are likely to begin.
Mine ESA award is due to end in June this year, but there is no way I feel ready to go through that ridiculous process again, as it was really damaging to my mental health last time.

many thanks
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131149 by

Chrissy wrote: Hi I am a member, and have the latest pdf regarding claiming ESA but there is some information I cannot find on your site.

In your news letter you mention when reassessments are likely to be recommenced under maximus, but I cannot find it, and would like to know when reassessments are likely to begin.
Mine ESA award is due to end in June this year, but there is no way I feel ready to go through that ridiculous process again, as it was really damaging to my mental health last time.

many thanks

Hi C,

It is on Page 81 of "Employment and Support Allowance claims on physical health grounds: a guide to the work capability assessment. Updated 11 March 2015"

3rd link down : This Page.

It reads :

"Reassessment delays

At the time of writing (March 2015) there is a massive backlog of claimants waiting to be assessed for ESA for the first time. As a result, existing ESA claimants are not currently being reassessed unless they, or someone else, reports a change in their circumstances. Instead, if your reassessment date comes up you are likely to just have it deferred for another year.

Currently Maximus expect it to be spring 2016 before they begin doing reassessments."

This was queried by another member : Here today.

As you will see Gordon has contacted the office for further information.

I also responded to another related query : Here.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

More
9 years 1 month ago #131150 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Question regarding your ESA guide please
Woops sorry, I made this post in error. I was searching the .pdf wrongly, sorry.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 1 month ago #131152 by Chrissy
Replied by Chrissy on topic Question regarding your ESA guide please
Hi Bro

Many thanks for your super speedy reply.
I'd just put an error in the search box on the .pdf and found the answer, but thanks for retyping it in here, it's also handy for other worried members who maybe don't have the pdf.
I can't describe how much better this information has made me feel.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131155 by Chrissy

bro58 wrote:

Chrissy wrote: Hi I am a member, and have the latest pdf regarding claiming ESA but there is some information I cannot find on your site.

many thanks

Hi C,

It is on Page 81 of "Employment and Support Allowance claims on physical health grounds: a guide to the work capability assessment. Updated 11 March 2015"

It reads :

"Reassessment delays

At the time of writing (March 2015) there is a massive backlog of claimants waiting to be assessed for ESA for the first time. As a result, existing ESA claimants are not currently being reassessed unless they, or someone else, reports a change in their circumstances. Instead, if your reassessment date comes up you are likely to just have it deferred for another year.

Currently Maximus expect it to be spring 2016 before they begin doing reassessments."

bro58

Sorry to bother you again. Sorry for my confusion. After reading the other two maximus reassessment queries, I am not sure why info contained in the .pdf would need confirmation from your office.

thanks

9 years 1 month ago #131165 by

Chrissy wrote:

bro58 wrote:

many thanks

Hi C,

It reads :

"Reassessment delays

bro58

Sorry to bother you again. Sorry for my confusion. After reading the other two maximus reassessment queries, I am not sure why info contained in the .pdf would need confirmation from your office.

thanks

Hi C,

We are trying to ascertain the source of this information :

"Currently Maximus expect it to be spring 2016 before they begin doing reassessments."

and how accurate and reliable it is.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.