bro58 wrote:

Chrissy wrote:

bro58 wrote:

Chrissy wrote: Hi Bro

So, may the information be wrong?
thanks

Hi C,

I have no idea !! :)

The first time that I became aware of it was when I read it in the updated ESA Claims Guide.

bro58

Aw nooo! I stopped worrying when I read that book.
I can't imagine the info being wrong.
I don't wanna start worrying again about maximus calling me up on time when others have had a two year reprieve.

Hi C,

I am afraid that whatever we may read on the deferral situation, the fact is that the instigation of the deferrals in Jan 2014 was simply a change to operational procedures, and not legislation.

Therefore, any change to those current operational procedures could occur at any time, in any area of the country, without any prior announcement.

I know several people who are now well into the 4th year of what was originally a 2 year prognosis.

Although I understand that not knowing when your reassessment will start is not a very nice position to be in, the people that I know in the same position look on the extra time that they have had without a reassessment as a positive.

They have a PDF ESA50 ready which they update regularly, which is all that they can do really.

On the premise that news of the deferrals in Jan 2014 had to be "dragged out" of the Minister in Parliament, I cannot see them volunteering information regarding the re-starting of re-assessments.

bro58

So, does that mean I should start worrying about the possibility of getting called this spring?
Aww noo, I was really hoping to have a deferral, cos I was starting to feel it looming over me, too close for comfort, and when I read that book yesterday, it gave me great releif, which I dont really wanna let go of, and feel hemmed in again.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #131310 by

Chrissy wrote:

bro58 wrote:

Chrissy wrote:

bro58 wrote:

So, may the information be wrong?
thanks

Hi C,

I have no idea !! :)

The first time that I became aware of it was when I read it in the updated ESA Claims Guide.

bro58

Aw nooo! I stopped worrying when I read that book.
I can't imagine the info being wrong.
I don't wanna start worrying again about maximus calling me up on time when others have had a two year reprieve.

Hi C,

I am afraid that whatever we may read on the deferral situation, the fact is that the instigation of the deferrals in Jan 2014 was simply a change to operational procedures, and not legislation.

Therefore, any change to those current operational procedures could occur at any time, in any area of the country, without any prior announcement.

I know several people who are now well into the 4th year of what was originally a 2 year prognosis.

Although I understand that not knowing when your reassessment will start is not a very nice position to be in, the people that I know in the same position look on the extra time that they have had without a reassessment as a positive.

They have a PDF ESA50 ready which they update regularly, which is all that they can do really.

On the premise that news of the deferrals in Jan 2014 had to be "dragged out" of the Minister in Parliament, I cannot see them volunteering information regarding the re-starting of re-assessments.

bro58

So, does that mean I should start worrying about the possibility of getting called this spring?
Aww noo, I was really hoping to have a deferral, cos I was starting to feel it looming over me, too close for comfort, and when I read that book yesterday, it gave me great releif, which I dont really wanna let go of, and feel hemmed in again.

Hi C,

I am really sorry, but I cannot offer you any more assurances other than what I have previously posted. :(

I am only privy to exactly the same information that you and the other members are at this time.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131318 by Chrissy
Hi Bro

Thanks. Do you have any idea how long it will take for Gordon to get confirmation from the office.

many thanks

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131322 by

Thanks. Do you have any idea how long it will take for Gordon to get confirmation from the office.

many thanks

Hi C,

I am afraid not !!

Maybe Gordon could shed some light on the situation.

However, I am positive that he will let us all know ASAP, when he has any further information to offer.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #131325 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Question regarding your ESA guide please
Hi everyone

At this time we are still trying to ascertain whether the statement made by Maximus is based in new information or old.

A Maximus executive made the statement and implied that the information was current, we have requested more details of where the information was sourced from and they have suddenly become reticent to supply the information.

I do not think this is a matter that is going to be resolved for many days and I would re-emphasise the previous comments made by Moderators. Maximus is not responsible for initiating re-assessments, the changes are operational and not legislative and can be changed at any time without notice, they may operate at a regional level or a national one and finally, despite a statement in the House of Commons in January 2014 by a minister, we saw members receiving new ESA50s, not as the result of a Change of Circumstances, in February 2014.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, Chrissy

More
9 years 1 month ago #131440 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Question regarding your ESA guide please
Seems to have caused some consternation, this issue....sure Steve will try his best to drag a response from Maximus/DWP...meanwhile, as I posted on a similar thread, the first evidence we might see is when members not already in the pipeline before 20/01/14 and not having reported a coc start posting this spring and summer saying their regular reviews have come up....meanwhile prepare your submissions as if your upcoming review dates are going to be actioned on time until b and w get some clarification

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.