× Members

I've given up

• Blue-eyes
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #131154 by Blue-eyes
I've given up was created by Blue-eyes
Hi, I would just like to say that I completed and returned my PIP assessment form last June. I still haven't had an assessment yet. I did get an appointment for 9 March but it was in Deptford and I live near Gatwick! Apparently, when I called to see if I could get an appointment at a nearer venue such as Croydon, I was told that a) there was nothing available at Croydon and that I would have to keep calling back and b) according to the DWP, Deptford was in my area of where they felt it was reasonable for me to get to! This would take at least 3 hours to get to and the same back. Then after calling twice a week to see if there were any available appointments at Croydon or a nearer venue (which there never was), I got a letter on 3 March to say my appointment at Deptford had been cancelled and I would receive another appointment soon. I'm still waiting. I'm afraid that after reading your newsletter, I will not ever get PIP. I believe it is being made too difficult to get it now. The government really don't want anyone to get disability payments at all and are working their way towards ending it for everyone. :( I have now given up and will just hope my family will help to take care of me financially - especially now that I've been made redundant because I couldn't travel to where my job had been relocated to - not far from Deptford! I think there's some irony there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131176 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I've given up
Blue-eyes

There seem to be fundamental problems with the PIP booking system, it seems to prioritising first appointment over ease of travel.

Please try to bear with it, you should consider involving your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.