× Members

From ESA Support group to WRAG after 22 yrs

More
9 years 2 months ago #131161 by pepsigirl_1
From ESA Support group to WRAG after 22 yrs was created by pepsigirl_1
Hi. I was called to an ATOS assessment on 2 Feb 2015. Up till then I was in the Support Group. Having been in receipt of Incapacity bennefit for over 20 years. I was informed by letter on 20 Feb 2015 that I had been moved from the Support group to WRAG as of 18th feb.
I rang as soon as i got the letter. Was told that i would receive a copy of the Drs report. I was told that once i had read the 23 page report I could then ring up with my thoughts on the report. When doing so I would be able to have a over the phone decision as to my ESA claim.
It took 5 days to get through to ring them back. Finally I got to speak to someone on 10 March. Explained where I disagreed with the Drs Report. On 11 March I received a call back from them. Again I had to tell the Lady what I disagreed with. I now have to wait for them to send a email to Milton Keynes and wait up to 30 days before hearing if I have to take it further. I am getting so confused over it all. How can I suddenly be cured? If anything I am worse than I was on my last medical. I suffer with Suicidal feelings allready Any advice would be greatfully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131182 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic From ESA Support group to WRAG after 22 yrs
VW

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You should not rely on the DWP to resolve this based on the phone calls you have, they may but they may also take no action. You need to formally request a Mandatory Reconsideration, that way the DWP will be required to take account of your comments.

Have a look at our ESA MR & Appeal guide for how to request an MR, it contains template letters you can use and also explains the process, in more detail. Under normal circumstances an MR must be requested within one month of the date on the Decision Letter.

It's not clear from your post whether you have now received the assessment report, if you have or when you do, I would recommend that you have a look at ESA Claim guides in conjunction with the report to see where they have disagreed with your stated limitations. From this you can send information to the DWP showing why you should still be in the Support Group.

All of the guides are available on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any questions on the process or just need help to understand things better, then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.