× Members

PIP 2: Must the HCP read everything?

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 2 months ago #131175 by MariW
Looking at my ESA 85a and other documentation related to my being placed in the Support Group of ESA for the maximum period of three years, it is probable that the Atos HCP did not read my ESA 50 in its entirety. That I met the first descriptor (to do with mobilisation) was adequate place me in the SG.

Now what about PIP? Does an or Atos or Capita HCP read everything in the PIP2 or can they stop reading the claimant’s answer when, say, 12 points for the enhanced rate of the daily living component have been reached and move on to assess the mobility component?

Thanks,

Mari W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #131194 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 2: Must the HCP read everything?
Mari

It is not unusual for ESA for the assessor and the DM to stop looking at the evidence once they believe that the claimant has met a Support Group Descriptor, if this is the Mobilisation one then it can mean that substantial portions of the ESA50 are not looked at in detail.

This does not seem to be the case for PIP where I have seen claimants scoring in the 20s for Daily Living, which is well in excess of the 12 points required for an Enhanced award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 2 months ago #131196 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic PIP 2: Must the HCP read everything?
Thank you, Gordon. :)

MW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.