× Members

PIP TELEPHONE CLAIM

More
9 years 2 months ago #131187 by Windhover-rga
PIP TELEPHONE CLAIM was created by Windhover-rga
Just spent nearly an hour on the telephone claim line when I was told because I would not answer Yes or No to a question I could not submit a claim for my daughter to transfer from DLA to PIP. The question concerned Illness and Disability as to whether the DWP could contact other people regarding her illness I said that they could contact the two people I had given their name and address but if it was anyone else they had to obtain my written consent. (I gleaned this information from one of your downloads when completing her DLA claim). I was told this could not be put on the form so I asked for a paper copy of the form to fill in and was told these were not available and it had to be completed on the telephone. After speaking to a team leader and the Operations Manager I quoted your your download guide PIP and after a considerable time of checking and double checking they finally agreed to send out a paper form for completion. I would warn people to be vigilant over this and to insist on your rights. Without the wonderful guides from Benefits and Work I would not have been so successful in all the claims I have made even down to the DWP paying me compensation for ignoring letters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.