× Members

DLA-PIP From 30th March!

More
9 years 1 month ago #131334 by francis1969
DLA-PIP From 30th March! was created by francis1969
Hi Gordon, Bro et al, Upon hearing the news that those 4 postcodes mentioned in earlier posts, SK, CW, OL & BL, have now found that

'From 30 March 2015
• New claimant: claim PIP
• Existing claimant in postcodes beginning BL, CW, FK, FY, HU, OL, SK, TN, TQ and TR invited to claim PIP when reach age 16'.

Bearing in mind last couple of posts, you know my question-I understand the 'new claimants' info, but does 2nd bullet point refer
only to those currently receiving DLA who are under 16 years of age?

Meaning that even after 30th March, am I still safe to request supersession under DLA rules? Or else do I have to rush and decide in next fortnight, as I was hoping to wait until after scan date of 26th and appointment with Oncology now set down for 13 April!

All calming advice gratefully received!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131378 by francis1969
Replied by francis1969 on topic DLA-PIP From 30th March!
The answer to latest question will determine result as to way forward!

I noticed that the postcodes that affect my area, that I have posted about previous (BL, OL, SK & CW) now have a live PIP date!

It would be remiss of me to 'assume' that even if I call on Monday 16th March, requesting my DLA care rate be looked at again, it would be unlikely that any DLA they send out to me to complete, will not land back on their desks until after 30th March!

Which is the date that DLA work from in this situation, is it the date that I ask for supersession or the date that form is received by them?

If the answer is that the date DLA would work from is the date the receive the form, this would trigger PIP application, if I am not mistaken, which is something I definitely do not wish to tackle as moment-would rather wait for natural progression of those receiving Indefinite awards.

(If the latter, at least this would make life easier as no supersession would be requested if potential to trigger/be dealt with under PIP).

MT's.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131384 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA-PIP From 30th March!

francis1969 wrote: Hi Gordon, Bro et al, Upon hearing the news that those 4 postcodes mentioned in earlier posts, SK, CW, OL & BL, have now found that

'From 30 March 2015
• New claimant: claim PIP
• Existing claimant in postcodes beginning BL, CW, FK, FY, HU, OL, SK, TN, TQ and TR invited to claim PIP when reach age 16'.

Bearing in mind last couple of posts, you know my question-I understand the 'new claimants' info, but does 2nd bullet point refer
only to those currently receiving DLA who are under 16 years of age?

Meaning that even after 30th March, am I still safe to request supersession under DLA rules? Or else do I have to rush and decide in next fortnight, as I was hoping to wait until after scan date of 26th and appointment with Oncology now set down for 13 April!

All calming advice gratefully received!

Hi f1969,

The update of 13/03/15 to The PIP Postcode Map which comes into force from the 30/03/15 will mean that those new PIP Postcode Areas will be active for :

New PIP Claims.

PIP Self selectors.

All existing DLA recipients reporting a Change of Circumstances. (C of C)

Existing fixed term DLA award recipients where their fixed term award is due to come to an end.

&

DLA recipients who turn 16 years old.

DLA recipients with Indefinite Awards who do not report a C of C can expect to be invited to claim PIP sometime after October 2015.

Looking at the Map, it appears that the TN Postcode (Tonbridge) has been errantly highlighted as an active PIP area, rather than Taunton.

bro58

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131385 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA-PIP From 30th March!

francis1969 wrote: The answer to latest question will determine result as to way forward!

I noticed that the postcodes that affect my area, that I have posted about previous (BL, OL, SK & CW) now have a live PIP date!

It would be remiss of me to 'assume' that even if I call on Monday 16th March, requesting my DLA care rate be looked at again, it would be unlikely that any DLA they send out to me to complete, will not land back on their desks until after 30th March!

Which is the date that DLA work from in this situation, is it the date that I ask for supersession or the date that form is received by them?

If the answer is that the date DLA would work from is the date the receive the form, this would trigger PIP application, if I am not mistaken, which is something I definitely do not wish to tackle as moment-would rather wait for natural progression of those receiving Indefinite awards.

(If the latter, at least this would make life easier as no supersession would be requested if potential to trigger/be dealt with under PIP).

MT's.

Hi f1969,

I have merged your two related queries.

When a C of C is reported to The DWP, any superceding decision made as a result of reporting The C of C should be active from the date that the C of C was reported.

N.B. This rule does not apply when a DLA recipient reports a C of C in an Active PIP Postcode Area.

They would be reviewed under PIP criteria, and the existing DLA Award would remain in payment until 4 weeks after the date of the PIP decision, irrelevant of the fresh PIP decision.

If you are to phone DLA to report a C of C, I would definitely back this up in writing :

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Contact DLA.

You could clarify in the phone call to DLA that as you are going to report The C of C to DLA in writing, that as long as they receive the letter prior to 30/03/15 you should be reviewed under existing DLA criteria.

You could record the telephone conversation for future reference.

If you are going to report a C of C, I would do so ASAP in writing if you want to be reviewed under DLA criteria.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.