× Members

Waiting for medical for ESA..,365 days nearly up!

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131408 by Brawn
Can you please tell me what happens next. I claimed ESA CB last April 12th and am steaming towards my 365 day limit with no news whatsoever about being called for a medical. I rang last week to chase up a medical and the answer was "we are waiting for an appointment slot for you" which helps me not at all. I feel like they're just waiting for me to run out of days so I am no longer able to claim as I wouldn't be entitled to ESA after that without my medical as my husband earns too much. What exactly does happen next? Does that mean I'm no longer entitled to be called for a medical at all? Do I still send in Fit notes? I'd be grateful for your help to find the answers.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131451 by bro58

Lea wrote: Can you please tell me what happens next. I claimed ESA CB last April 12th and am steaming towards my 365 day limit with no news whatsoever about being called for a medical. I rang last week to chase up a medical and the answer was "we are waiting for an appointment slot for you" which helps me not at all. I feel like they're just waiting for me to run out of days so I am no longer able to claim as I wouldn't be entitled to ESA after that without my medical as my husband earns too much. What exactly does happen next? Does that mean I'm no longer entitled to be called for a medical at all? Do I still send in Fit notes? I'd be grateful for your help to find the answers.

Hi L,

I have read your posts from ; Here and Here.

Unless I have missed something, it is not entirely clear whether you are currently in The WRAG in receipt of CB ESA, or you are still in The Assessment Phase awaiting an assessment (WCA) to determine whether you will be placed into a "group". (WRAG or ESA)

If you are still in The Assessment Phase, have a look at ; This Post.

The fact that you mention : "Do I still send in Fit notes?" would lead me to believe that you are still in The Assessment Phase, as you do not have to provide fit notes once in The WRAG or The SG.

Once you have received 365 days payment of CB ESA in The Assessment Phase, all payments of CB ESA will cease.

As you state that you could not pass the means test for Income Related (IR) ESA, you would receive no monies, but you would receive NI Credits which would go towards your State Pension.

In this scenario, you should continue to send in fit notes to keep your "nil award" ESA Claim open.

You should eventually be assessed with or without the need of a face to face.

If as a result of this you are placed into The WRAG or The SG, this decision will be backdated to the start of week 14 of your claim, so you would receive the WRA or SG Component paid from that date.

N.B. :

If you were placed into The WRAG, even though you would receive back payment of the extra WRA Component from the start of week 14, this would only be for the 365 day period.

You would receive no further payments of CB ESA after the 365 days period.

Only if you are placed into The SG, will you receive the extra SG Component from the start of week 14, and full CB ESA payment for The SG would be reinstated from the time that they ceased. (At the end of the 365 days period)

If I have misunderstood your predicament, please repost here to clarify further.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.