× Members

Income protection and ESA

• Michael
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #131425 by Michael
Income protection and ESA was created by Michael
Hi, I have an income protection scheme that's refused to pay out for over a year, that I paid for privately, but I may have nearly won my argument and they'll start paying out £500 a month untaxed, may being the operative word here! I'm on contribution ESA (still assessment rate, appt on Thursday).

Does anyone know if this payment will affect my ESA, I can't get through to DWP as I keep getting put on hold then fall asleep during the hold music (part of my condition).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131460 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income protection and ESA
Michael

We cannot give detailed financial advice on the forum, if you need this then I would recommend that you get face to face advice from a qualified advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

I would expect any Personal Health Insurance (PHI) to affect your ESA and you need to inform the DWP about it when it is available for payment even if you do not believe that it will result in a reduction.

For Income Related ESA it will be deducted £ for £ from your ESA(IR).

For Contribution Based ESA there is an £85/week disregard followed by a £1/week deduction for every £2/week in excess of the £85.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.