× Members

PIP - STILL WAITING FOR APPT 5 MONTHS LATER

• Lida Kraz
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131436 by Lida Kraz
I have been waiting 5 months now for my first PIP assessment. They have no appts to give, I am told. Is this normal time period? I suspect they are cherry-picking applicants. I am retired so perhaps my age group is considered non-urgent.
When I do receive appt, can some of you give me pointers how to do well in assessment?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #131459 by
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

There does not seem to be any rhyme nor reason to how long PIP claimants are waiting for their assessments.

Some claimants are receiving appointment within a few weeks and some have waited a year or more.

If all else fails, you could complain to your M.P. who might be able to expedite things :

Contacting your MP

You can read what to expect at your PIP Consultation from Page 64 onwards of our :

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

Capita seem to carry out the majority of PIP Consultations in the home, whereas ATOS are reluctant to do this.

In the main, feedback from our members regarding the Consultation is positive with respect to politeness and professionalism.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #131474 by Mags
I had my assessment 3 March this year, applied June last year, have to say the HCP was very polite and didn't ask me to do anything that hurt, just have to wait for the results now.

Mags

More
9 years 1 month ago #131482 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP - STILL WAITING FOR APPT 5 MONTHS LATER
Hi
I applied for PIP in July 2014, and didn't get an appointment for assessment until 2nd February. I'm still waiting for results of the assessment. I rang last week and was told it should be another two weeks!

• Alan Waggott
9 years 1 month ago #131520 by Alan Waggott
Replied by Alan Waggott on topic PIP - STILL WAITING FOR APPT 5 MONTHS LATER

bro58 wrote: Hi,

There does not seem to be any rhyme nor reason to how long PIP claimants are waiting for their assessments.

Some claimants are receiving appointment within a few weeks and some have waited a year or more.

bro58

You're telling me! After rushing me through the ATOS assessment a year or so ago (and refusing me) They've now got my DLA in their sights. They sent me the forms to change from DLA to PIP at the end of February, telling me to return them by March 12th, and I've just received the letter, instructing me to attend an assessment on March 26th! Rushing to get another statistic off the books before the Election, perhaps?

9 years 1 month ago #131532 by
Hi,

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.