× Members

ESA Holiday Confusion

More
9 years 1 month ago #131726 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic ESA Holiday Confusion
Thanks bro/Gordon as stated I did explain how I 'managed' the holiday in writing at the time but what I was getting at is rather than that letter being on file in full, readily available to maximus, Im wary they might just be viewing a data entry saying client went abroad on holiday in 2013. I trust these peopke not a jot so just trying to cover every trick, ploy and angke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #131730 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Holiday Confusion

micksville wrote: Reason Im asking the above Gordon is I was given a letter from gp at supersession two years ago, stating I couldn't travel on public transport to medical i.e. buses etc and as explained I was driven to airport, had wheelchair assistance through airports at both ends then was met by my brother and nephews at other side.I had been using a mobility scooter for about 2 months when I raised this supersession.
However, since then things have got much worse and my gp agrees I ought have a home medical this time, if I have to have a f2f that is. Just thought it might look a little suspect if they have on file that I travelled to europe, though as stated that was 2 years ago and I didnt exactly travel under my own steam, as it were. This was the last trip I made out of my honetowm tbh, as I was aware that my mobility was going to worsen considerably due to various issues.and I wanted the last opportunity to see my brother and nephews
Im sure this would remain on file but would it be used currently? If so is it best to raise it when review comes through, pointing out that I didnt contradict any if my eligibility criteria, (as I informed them at the time) and making them aware that matters have ibdeed worsened,

Hi mv,

I agree with Gordon, I would not mention the holiday from 2 years ago. I would be most surprised if the fact that you took a holiday abroad 2 years ago was an issue in a future reassessment.

You do not have to volunteer information, you only have to respond to questions that are posed.

You even informed The DWP that you were going abroad at that time as you should have done.

As far as I am aware, if they query whether you have been on holiday as part of a F2F, they only ask whether you have done so "recently".

A lot can change in 2 years, or more, and as Gordon says, you will be assessed on your limitations as they are at the time of the assessment, and not how they may have been at some time in the past.

You also have the "majority of the time" argument to fall back on.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131734 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic ESA Holiday Confusion
Thanks bro...I think Gordons advice on holiday coming into consideration with regard to re assesment (to the original members post on here) referred to him being initially assesed, going on holiday for 2 months during the assesment and then maybe making a rapid reclaim, as opposed to re assesment of an allowed claim some years down the line. Thanks again.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131742 by bro58

micksville wrote: Thanks bro...I think Gordons advice on holiday coming into consideration with regard to re assesment (to the original members post on here) referred to him being initially assesed, going on holiday for 2 months during the assesment and then maybe making a rapid reclaim, as opposed to re assesment of an allowed claim some years down the line. Thanks again.

Hi mv,

Yep, I think that you have misinterpreted the context of the OP's query and : Gordon's Response.

This involved the OP being in receipt of ESA, and wanting to go abroad for 2 months.

You can only be paid ESA for 28 days whilst abroad, so after the 28 days his ESA claim would be closed.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131971 by tango
Replied by tango on topic ESA Holiday Confusion
just as an aside to holidays I went on holiday in January and informed dwp and atos of this. while I was on holiday atos sent for me for a medical which of course I could not attend. When I arrived back I CONTACTED ATOS ABOUT THIS and was informed that as I did not attend my file had been sent back to dwp. I contacted atos again about this matter and put a conplaint in and received a nice letter back apologising (yes atos apologised) saying they had been back in touch with dwp and asked then to return my file and another appointment for an assessment would be sent to me. Since then (late January) I have not heard anything and my ESA has not been stopped. I was justing wandering if atos are still carrying out esa medical assessments.
regards tango

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131981 by bro58

tango wrote: just as an aside to holidays I went on holiday in January and informed dwp and atos of this. while I was on holiday atos sent for me for a medical which of course I could not attend. When I arrived back I CONTACTED ATOS ABOUT THIS and was informed that as I did not attend my file had been sent back to dwp. I contacted atos again about this matter and put a conplaint in and received a nice letter back apologising (yes atos apologised) saying they had been back in touch with dwp and asked then to return my file and another appointment for an assessment would be sent to me. Since then (late January) I have not heard anything and my ESA has not been stopped. I was justing wandering if atos are still carrying out esa medical assessments.
regards tango

Hi t,

One of the reasons accepted as "Good Cause" for not attending a F2F "medical" is not being in the country at the time.

You were covered as you had previously informed DWP/ATOS that you were going abroad.

You should be aware that as your trip abroad was recent that you may be asked questions on how you managed to go abroad, and whether any of the actions in doing so, mode of return travel, etc were in direct contradiction to your stated limitations.

I mentioned this scenario : Here.

The hold up might be down to the fact that : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments Limited.(CHDA) (Maximus) took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

You should therefore contact CHDA if you have any queries regarding this.

See : ESA Medical – What to expect

Best of luck, and please let us know how things progress.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.