× Members

PIP declined....what now?

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131563 by bassettsfarm
PIP declined....what now? was created by bassettsfarm
Hi All,

Having applied in July 2014 and waiting all this time for a decision, I got the dreaded brown envelope today. My application was declined, and I only scored 2 points!! I am literally crushed. I don't agree with so many of the points made.

What do I do now? Can I really fight this unjust decision? I'm feeling so down, I just want to curl up and die, not sure I have the fight in me. Please advise.

Many thanks
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131565 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP declined....what now?

Amanda wrote: Hi All,

Having applied in July 2014 and waiting all this time for a decision, I got the dreaded brown envelope today. My application was declined, and I only scored 2 points!! I am literally crushed. I don't agree with so many of the points made.

What do I do now? Can I really fight this unjust decision? I'm feeling so down, I just want to curl up and die, not sure I have the fight in me. Please advise.

Many thanks

Hi A,

I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a PIP Award !! :(

You can make a written request for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) of the adverse PIP Decision.

This should arrive back at The DWP no later than one month from the date of The PIP Decision Notice letter.

You should concentrate on reiterating where and how you should have been awarded points with respect to the applicable PIP Descriptors.

See : PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

&

PIP Self Test

Taking the PIP Self Test may help you to highlight the appropriate PIP Descriptors.

See also :

Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago #131575 by caravanj
Replied by caravanj on topic PIP declined....what now?

Amanda wrote: Hi All,

Many thanks

Hi Amanda, you don't say whether or not the decision was based on an ATOS assessment or just based on the form which you completed.

My wife's original claim was declined but allowed after we appealed & she had an ATOS assessment by a doctor.

Don't give up.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131577 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP declined....what now?
I had an ATOS assessment, caravanj. I have only quickly looked through the decision information, but I can see at least two things where the person who interviewed me has reported something totally different to what was said.

I am just so exhausted by it all. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my wafflings!

More
9 years 1 month ago #131579 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP declined....what now?
Hi bro58

Thank you. I just feel so worn down by it all. Everything has to be such a struggle. Sorry to whine, I'll probably (hopefully) feel less negative tomorrow, it has just come as such a shock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #131580 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP declined....what now?

Amanda wrote: I had an ATOS assessment, caravanj. I have only quickly looked through the decision information, but I can see at least two things where the person who interviewed me has reported something totally different to what was said.

I am just so exhausted by it all. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my wafflings!

Hi A,

Although it may help to point out any discrepancies in The ATOS HP's Assessment Report, it is very important that you reiterate how and why you should have received the appropriate amount of points leading to the appropriate PIP Award.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.