× Members

moving from mobility to pip

• katie
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131612 by katie
moving from mobility to pip was created by katie
:( help..
been on higher rate mobility with the car for 10yrats now..
so worried when they move me from my dissability over to pip incase i dont get the right
amountvof points.i havr taken the test on hear but alot of the questions are not geared for me..
i had bad rta 14 years ago..smashed legs that will never improve..i have an ankle with no movemwntcat all...
i have to sit down to get dressed as balance comes and goes...i also suffer depression and anxiety...
i am on work capability group and work 12 hours..luckily i have an understanding boss..it kills me sometimes to
work as my pain comes and goes..
i had to get an automatic mobility car as my legs are nkt great and a bungalow as not great wirh steps..
i just fear as i work they will take my car away as if i can manage..my car is my lifeline to get outcand about
withkut it i would have to give up work as it means 3 buses to work...
justvwonderwd if anyone going through the same or has any advice...
thankyou..katie
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131621 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic moving from mobility to pip
Hi katie and welcome to the site. On the assumption that you are also new to the forum this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, the change to PIP is worrying many people, especially those of us with motability leases, it seems that it is very difficult to get the enhanced rate of PIP that is needed to keep the car. However, don't forget that any distance you walk must be done reliably, repeatedly and safely, without extreme pain. Any distance that you can cover once the pain has started should be discounted.

I will also remind you that Motability have some money set aside for people who took out their first lease before the beginning of last year and are assessed as not being entitled to the enhanced rate of PIP mobility. It is only £1000 £2000 but that would go some way towards getting you a little second-hand car.

If you have any further questions please reply to this post and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected Motability amount
The following user(s) said Thank You: katie

More
9 years 1 month ago #131654 by little effie
Replied by little effie on topic moving from mobility to pip
Hi Katie

I have just been through the DLA to pip and as you on motability for some years and worried of losing it.I know how anxious you must be but the main thingthing is to concentrate on the guides and advice on this site and clearly state how your mobility is affected .Take each question on the form and work on that using the guide for that question and add relevant details and then move onto the next otherwise the whole form can overwhelm.I only received the standard rate but with help on here immediately asked for mandatory reconsideration and was awarded enhanced rate .So good luck and hope all goes OK
Steffi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

More
9 years 1 month ago #131707 by McGoggy
Replied by McGoggy on topic moving from mobility to pip
Mrs Hurtyback. I was under the impression that Motability will give failed claimants £2000. Has the amount been reduced recently?
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
9 years 1 month ago #131709 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic moving from mobility to pip

elainegem wrote: Mrs Hurtyback. I was under the impression that Motability will give failed claimants £2000. Has the amount been reduced recently?

The amount depends on how long you have been on the Motability scheme, as the OP appears to have had a contract with Motability for some 10 years then you are correct that it should be £2000.

Thank you for pointing out the error.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.