× Members

Re-applyng for PIP

• Jo
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131623 by Jo
Re-applyng for PIP was created by Jo
Does anyone know if there is a time limit to re-apply for PIP please after a failed application?

My application was a total disaster from start to finish.....
- They lost my application to renew my DLA to go onto PIP.
- They then lost my first set of PIP forms.
- After 2nd set of forms accepted I waited 11 months for an interview.
- At the medical the nurse didn't have any info on the system for me, she had to take a photocopy of my photocopied forms I had taken with me.
- During the medical the nurse spent all her time typing in the info from my hard copy forms and only actually looked up at me occasionally then suddenly seemed to notice the time and rushed me out.

I did make a telephone appeal because so many of the points they had recorded from the medical were so incorrect that I wondered if they were talking about someone else but that resulted in another refusal but then unfortunately I became ill straight after that so I missed the 28 day limit for a further appeal.

I am totally exhausted by it all but I am also frustrated that the medical was so badly carried out.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131627 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re-applyng for PIP

Jo wrote: Does anyone know if there is a time limit to re-apply for PIP please after a failed application?

- At the medical the nurse didn't have any info on the system for me, she had to take a photocopy of my photocopied forms I had taken with me.
- During the medical the nurse spent all her time typing in the info from my hard copy forms and only actually looked up at me occasionally then suddenly seemed to notice the time and rushed me out.

I did make a telephone appeal because so many of the points they had recorded from the medical were so incorrect that I wondered if they were talking about someone else but that resulted in another refusal but then unfortunately I became ill straight after that so I missed the 28 day limit for a further appeal.

I am totally exhausted by it all but I am also frustrated that the medical was so badly carried out.

Hi J,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You can make a fresh PIP Claim straight away, there is no time limit.

However, it is not too late to make a "Late" Appeal direct to The Tribunal Service (TS) using copy of The Mandatory Reconsideration Notice Letter that you should have received and The SSCS 1 Form.

Late appeals can be made up to, but not exceeding 13 months from the date of the MR Notice.

You would have to show "Good Cause" to The TS for the "Late" Appeal.

If you became ill at the time of The MR Notice, this would probably be accepted as "Good Cause", and it would be advisable to include details of this with the SSCS1 Form.

You could even make a fresh claim, and continue with an appeal. (If The TS accept it)

If you did this any decision made as a result of fresh claim would supercede any decision made by The TS from the date of the fresh PIP Claim decision.

This would be the case, whether the fresh claim decision was better or worse than the TS decision.

In either case, have a look at the following :

Sending Documents to the DWP or The TS

PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

&

PIP Self Test

In any MR/Appeal, although it may help to point out discrepancies in The PIP Medical Report, the important issue is to reiterate where and how you should have scored points with respect to the applicable PIP Descriptors.

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131632 by caravanj
Replied by caravanj on topic Re-applyng for PIP

Jo wrote: Does anyone know if there is a time limit to re-apply for PIP please after a failed application?

out.

Rule No 1: Always send DWP correspondence via Special Next-Day Delivery
Rule No 2: Always follow Rule No 1.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago #131633 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re-applyng for PIP
Hi J,

The advantage of carrying on with a "Late" appeal (if you can) is that if you are successful, The TS Decision will be backdated to 4 weeks after the original adverse PIP Decision under appeal.

You would receive any arrears owed from that date.

With a fresh claim, any resulting decision will only be backdated to the start of your fresh claim.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.