× Members

Some advice please

• TVX
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131628 by TVX
Some advice please was created by TVX
Hi there. A quick question that I hope someone will be able to help me with.

After 40 odd years of work and paying into the system I am now registered disabled and in the Support Group for ESA. this is a lifetime award. I am 62 yrs old.

Being responsible I paid into a Pension whilst working and now receive a small annuity each month. In their wisdom the DWP take penny for penny, the money I get for the pension I paid into (What was the point of putting the money in?? Now I am going to be able to cash in this Annuity I will stop receiving monthly payments.

My question is that provided I am still under the savings limits (£16,000), will the DWP re-instate the money they currently take?

I have paid into the system all my life. Time for some payback

Advice appreciated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by . Reason: tick.
The topic has been locked.
More
9 years 1 month ago #131629 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Some advice please
TVX

See our answer to your question from yesterday.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=103487#131582

If you need further information then please reply to the above post so that all of your queries are in one topic.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.