× Members

ESA Medicals

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131686 by maurice537
ESA Medicals was created by maurice537
I have just under 2 Years to retirement but understand that when you reach the age when a women would retire you are not sent for is this correct ?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131690 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Medicals

maurice537 wrote: I have just under 2 Years to retirement but understand that when you reach the age when a women would retire you are not sent for is this correct ?

Hi m537,

I think you may be misinterpreting the rules.

ESA is an out of work, "working age benefit" !

Therefore you will continue on ESA and have to comply with any reassessments, ("Medicals") etc, until you reach your State Pension Age, when you will be invited to claim your State Pension/Pension Credit.

The rule that you speak of is for ESA Claimants in The WRAG, where they cannot be compelled to take part in WFI's/WRA once they reach or pass "The Upper Age Limit".

For a woman this is their State Retirement (Pension) Age.

For a man this is the State Retirement (Pension) Age of a woman born on the same day.

For your State Pension Age, you can use this : State Pension Age Calculator

To see when you will reach "The Upper Age Limit" with respect to WFI's/WRA, if you are a man, enter your DOB as a woman.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.