× Members

11d can not follow route of unfamiliar journey

• rita hill
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #131718 by rita hill
hi,i have finally got enhanced rate mobility after making a second application, (my condition has deteriorated since my first application) but i still think i should have got the first one on account of my dyslexia, i can not follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without a tom tom ,(orientation aid) but,because of my age, i was never statemented. i can be tested and statemented for £450 ,i do not want to spend that amount of money unless i will be successful, i do not know how they assess your ability to do this? i never had my mandatory call back, i wound up submitting my objections in letter form, so i never had a chance to ask what they mean in this -do they mean driving or only walking(which i now can not do anyway) that was the one thing they did not explain. the only way i got my reconsideration in the end was by getting the government and health service ombudsman to intervian, so i would like to go to appeal (i am waiting for date) because of the trouble they made me go through to get my appeal in the first place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131737 by Gordon
RH

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I am afraid that there are no guarantees when appealing a Decision so I cannot say whether your having this test will help your claim or not.

Your appeal cannot take into account any of the deterioration that you mention in regard to your successful claim, only your problems as they were on the day of the Decision being appealed will be considered.

I am assuming that the deterioration you mention is primarily in regard to your ability to walk and as a consequence you would not expect to score so many point for this activity, this being the case then you will need to show that you actually would score more points on your original application for PIP than you do now for the Going Out Descriptor, this may be difficult for you to do.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for a detailed explanation of the criteria you need to meet and if you have any questions then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.