× Members

ESA sg

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131748 by chilli50
ESA sg was created by chilli50
Hi
I have my esa85a form and on it , it says I'm to be assessed again in the medium term? Does anyone know what that means? It also says that I suffer with such severe anxiety I cannot cope with day to day life. I'm sending it in with my pip2 and alot more evidence ( I've got quite a few issues such as FIbro, depression, gastritis, COPD, raynauds, I joint issue in my back, asthma,costochondritis. I don't leave the house, vomit daily, am very underweight, suffer mobility, memory and sleep issues and a million other symptoms. I'm gonna put all this down but just wondered what people's thoughts were....thanks
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131760 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA sg

chilli50 wrote: Hi
I have my esa85a form and on it , it says I'm to be assessed again in the medium term? Does anyone know what that means? It also says that I suffer with such severe anxiety I cannot cope with day to day life. I'm sending it in with my pip2 and alot more evidence ( I've got quite a few issues such as FIbro, depression, gastritis, COPD, raynauds, I joint issue in my back, asthma,costochondritis. I don't leave the house, vomit daily, am very underweight, suffer mobility, memory and sleep issues and a million other symptoms. I'm gonna put all this down but just wondered what people's thoughts were....thanks

Hi c50,

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I gather form the fact that your have an ESA85A Medical Report that you did not have an ESA face to face "Medical".

Every ESA award comes with a "Prognosis", which is the recommended period before the claimant should be reassessed :

How often will I be reviewed

Prognoses can vary from "short term" 3 months to 12 months, "medium term" 12 months to 2 years, and "in the longer term" 2 to 3 years.

However, since Jan 2014 all ESA reassessments have been deferred to help The DWP work through the huge backlog.

So when you will have your ESA reassessment is anyone's guess !!

This is explained in The WCA Handbook which can be viewed/downloaded from the 2nd link under the heading "DWP ESA Resources"

Around half way down : This Page.

From the bottom of page 137, under the heading : "3.10 Medical Advice on Prognosis at Assessment"

It is important to show how the limitations/disabilities that you suffer as a result of your proven diagnosed medical conditions score points under the appropriate PIP descriptors.

This is all explained in our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

If you haven't already done so, you might want to take our : PIP Self Test which would help you to identify which of the descriptors may apply to you.

You can send copy of any evidence that will support you scoring points under the PIP descriptors, with The PIP 2 Form.

Please reply to this topic if you have any other queries.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.