× Members

osteo

• tammy
  • Topic Author
9 years 5 days ago #133429 by tammy
Replied by tammy on topic osteo
hi gordon thank you for getting back to me my great niece was over 3 when they turned her down thank u for the information i will make sure i gather everything i need i get very tired and in pain my self but i have to carry on for this little girls sake thanks once again will keep you all informed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Debbie
8 years 11 months ago #134114 by Debbie
Replied by Debbie on topic osteo
Hi Tammy

I'm new to this forum and just came across your post. Thought i'd let you know that I also currently get the standard rate mobility of pip and applied to my local council for my blue badge. The process was very simple. If you log on to your local council website and complete and submit the application for a blue badge on line. You will then be sent an e-mail with a list of places to can attend (mine was my local library) to complete the process. During this appointment, they will take your photo, ask to see your pip award letter and you pay £10 for the blue badge. It will then be sent in the post a few days later.

Hope this is helpful

Debbie

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134119 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic osteo
Hi,

Just to make it absolutely clear, the 8 points or more attained for The Standard PIP Mobility Award must be scored under Moving Around rather than Going Out, for automatic entitlement to a Blue Badge :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...&limitstart=0#132504

And a 50% reduction in Vehicle Road Tax :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...03533&start=6#132513

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

• tammy
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #134132 by tammy
hi thank you for your help i applied to my council they sent me a letter back saying if u have not dla enhanced than u have to go for one of there medicals to see if i can get it that way in which i know thats not right as i am eligby as scored 8 points for moving around i did ring them and spoke to a lady she said to send back what they have sent out i explained that i dont need a medical as i have had an assessment with pip recently and now get standard rate in both compoments i have done what they ask its over 3 weeks now and i havent heard anything
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by bro58.

• tammy
  • Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #134133 by tammy
hi bro thank u for that i scored 8 points in the moving about

• bro58
8 years 11 months ago #134138 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic osteo

tammy wrote: hi thank you for your help i applied to my council they sent me a letter back saying if u have not dla enhanced than u have to go for one of there medicals to see if i can get it that way in which i know thats not right as i am eligby as scored 8 points for moving around i did ring them and spoke to a lady she said to send back what they have sent out i explained that i dont need a medical as i have had an assessment with pip recently and now get standard rate in both compoments i have done what they ask its over 3 weeks now and i havent heard anything

Hi t,

As you rightly state you have automatic entitlement to a Blue Badge if you have been awarded 8 Points or more for "Moving Around" with a Standard Rate Mobility Award.

I have known LA's to take 10 weeks or more to issue a Blue Badge, so my best suggestion would be to contact them for an update.

You should have an application reference number to quote.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.