× Members

Tribunal hearing on Friday 27

More
9 years 1 month ago #131825 by Pippin
Tribunal hearing on Friday 27 was created by Pippin
Hi,

Had a meeting with CAB on Thursday for help before tribunal, advice offered seemed at odds with what I've read here and what I have prepared for. It was not the person I saw originally who was helpful.
So, he said that I have to forget my health problems as they are only interested in the points on the descriptors and any discrepancies in your form ESA50. Just match with those and give examples to match.
Can I say the parts of the descriptors that I am challenging are.... And give examples of how they fit in with my problems?
He then said if you fail don't worry just "whack" in a new ESA50 straight away.

I wasn't impressed with those comments, I am reasonably prepared, found your site too late for the completing original stuff but will have support from sister and sil on the day.
Any advice appreciated.
Pippin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131865 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal hearing on Friday 27
Pippin

Benefit Tribunals operate is far less formal manner than a court of law although they are part of the same organisation. You should expect to be asked questions by the panel, for an ESA hearing their will be two people a Judge and a doctor, they will be asking about the day to day problems you have due to your conditions, but it is important to remember that ultimately they will be scoring you against the ESA Descriptors to see whether you meet the criteria for the WRAG or the Support Group.

You should be offered an opportunity to speak towards the end of the hearing and you can use this time to explain which Descriptors you believe you meet and why.

Best wishes for the day and if you feel up to it let us know how you get on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pippin

More
9 years 1 month ago #131890 by Pippin
Replied by Pippin on topic Tribunal hearing on Friday 27
Thank you very much for that Gordon, that helps, will be glad when it's finished, 18 months in total.
Thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.