× Members

esa medical report

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131848 by letterboxmum
esa medical report was created by letterboxmum
Hi
I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to give a copy of my wife's ESA medical report which we have (as we took the advice on here and requested a copy)? My wife has only been with this Dr for a couple of years and I don't think he knows how her condition affects her on a daily basis. She has been placed in the support group. She will eventually have to re apply for PIP from dla and I was wondering if it might help the Dr if dwp ask him to fill in a form for PIP. Also there is a letter from another health professional we gave to dwp for her ESA which I don't think is on her medical file.

Thank you. I'd be grateful for any advice
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131854 by
Replied by on topic esa medical report
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

It may help to give such documentation to your G.P., it may also help if you type up one or two pages of A4 describing the walking limitations and problems that she has with "daily living"

Try not to exceed 2 pages maximum, and head it Statement of Fact, with her name, address, DOB and date.

Even, though the G.P may be well aware of her medical conditions, they may not be aware of the limitations that she suffers as a result of them

It may be best to wait until she receives her "invitation" to claim PIP, as this could be some time from now.

As soon as you know that she is being transferred you could make an appointment to see her G.P. to provide documents to be scanned on to her file and to discuss the transfer with The G.P.

If PIP is anything like ESA, claimant's G.P.'s were only contacted in around 25% of cases, so there is no guarantee that they will contact her G.P. for PIP, even if you request that they do so.

They are under no legal obligation to contact G.P./HCP's

This is why we advise that claimants should collate their own evidence and provide it with The PIP 2 Form.

You could ask the G.P. if they would contact you if they do receive a G.P. Factual Report (GPFR) for PIP, so that you can have some input.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

PIP Self Test

Please reply to this topic if you have further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

More
9 years 1 month ago #131879 by letterboxmum
Replied by letterboxmum on topic esa medical report
Thank you for the advice
I think I will wait until she is invited to claim pip.
At least we have got a decision. Straight in to the support group. We waited 18 months from sending back the esa form until the medical!

Regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.