× Members

national careers service

• annemarie pearce
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131882 by annemarie pearce
national careers service was created by annemarie pearce
hi,i am on high and high dla,they have renewed my esa but kept me in the work related group,i hadnt heard from them in 2 years and thought i was in support group.i have written and asked to be placed in support group as i have various medical coditions.however i was caleed into the manatory meeting with an advisor last week ,which i attended,but although i stated my health was not good,he gave me an interview this week with the national careers service,i did ring esa to make sure they recieved my letter,but there was differing oppinions as to wether i should attend this interview,one adviser said it wasnt on the system so wasnt madatory ,but the letter says i may get money stopped if i dont go any advice
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by . Reason: tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131918 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic national careers service
AP

The critical question is whether the appointment is mandatory or not, if it is and you fail to attend then your benefit can and likely will be sanctioned, if it is then then the sanction remains in place until the requirement is met. If the course is only run every month or even longer, then you may be sanctioned for a month or more.

My understanding is that any letter requiring mandatory activity by a claimant must clearly identify that the activity is mandatory, it is not impossible that all letters from the JC+ on the subject or activities include a paragraph referring to the penalties for failing to carry out a mandated activity whether the actual letter is in regard to a mandated activity or not.

My recommendation is that you try and contact your advisor again to see whether it is or not.

I am afraid that even though you have asked for the Decision to place you in the WRAG to be looked at again, while you remain in the WRAG you are required to carry out all reasonable activities that your advisor requires of you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.