× Members

blue badge

More
9 years 1 month ago #132130 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic blue badge
We did this recently. Sent copies & they returned them & asked for originals. They did return the originals about 10 days later.
Also, have just received a free bus pass due to hubby getting 8 points ( have to apply) & just applied for a disabled railcard (£20) which entitles the holder AND a companion to 1/3 of all rail travel.
Some car park companies allow blue badge holders free parking ( usually the council run parks) but many do not. We visit 1 hospital that charges. and another one that doesn't. It does seems unfair because we have to visit the hospital quite a lot, so getting concessions like free bus travel helps significantly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• llp
8 years 7 months ago #141545 by llp
Replied by llp on topic blue badge
8 points in total for mobility but I'm not untitled to blue badge as I received 4 points moving around and 4 points going out totalling 8 points and was told need 8 points in one descriptor.

More
8 years 7 months ago #141559 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic blue badge

llp wrote: 8 points in total for mobility but I'm not untitled to blue badge as I received 4 points moving around and 4 points going out totalling 8 points and was told need 8 points in one descriptor.

You can still make a direct claim for a Blue Badge with your Local Authority, they will have to assess you again, but their criteria are less strict than those for PIP.

www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris