× Members

ESA lost appeal in november

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #131963 by Liz
ESA lost appeal in november was created by Liz
Good afternoon

I just want a bit of advice. I lost my appeal in November as tribunal said I did not qualify for the Support Group they placed me in the Work Related Activity. Since then my neck and back are getting worse. I can walk up to 50 meters but no more as I have to stop due to pain in back and legs. The tribunal stated that I could walk 100 metres but no more than 200 meters. My walking is getting worse and do not go out now unless for hospital or pain management clinics and physo. I have to have help when i get up from my chair and cannot manage to get of chair with out help now. I cannot bend to pick up things now and depend on the chair the occupation clinic gave me. My depression is getting worse and I am waiting to see a counsellor. Can i apply again and will I have to go through a full assesment again. I am at my wits end can anyone advise.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #131980 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA lost appeal in november
Liz

You can ask to be re-assessed due to a deteriorated condition, I would expect you to have to complete a new ESA50 and it is likely that you would also have to a face to face assessment.

Before proceeding I would recommend that you have a detailed look at our ESA Claim guides to see if you match any of the Support Group criteria, you only need to meet one in order to qualify.

In particular you should have a look at the Mobilising Descriptor, it is important to understand that this is not a walking test, your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair will also be considered, you do not need to use a manual wheelchair or to even own one for it to considered.

The claim guides are on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

I also have to warn you that this would be a full re-assessment of your claim and whilst it is quite unlikely, the DWP can remove your current award as well as increase it, so you must complete any ESA50 in detail and provide evidence as available, rather than just for those areas that have changed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.