× Members

Question about PIP

• ian smith
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago #132020 by ian smith
Question about PIP was created by ian smith
Morning all new at this, but like many i have just received my PIP letter and yes i was on full DLA sent my PIP paper last April this Feb letter informs me i don't meet any of the criteria surprise, it seems like many have had the same, it seems the dicision makers are reading from another script, the reason i say that, and its the question i am asking is, that informs them i cannot walk 20 metres but gets told that i do not have a condition that would impact on your ability to walk, what is the point in answering a questions only for the decision maker to make me feel i am lying and it seems calling my doctor a lier to, it seems they have done the same with most of the questions i answered, how do we get through this i suffer like many with serve problems, because i have a disability that they don't identify clearly i feel like square peg for a round hole, we are not being treated like humanbeings we are being asked to jump through hops get nowhere and suffer increased stress and anxiety to try and get a little extra to live, hope someone gets the point i am trying to make, i was a paper based consultation.

cheers Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132049 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Question about PIP
IS

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can appeal the Decision, the first stage to this is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, we recommend that you do this is writing, see our PIP MR & Appeal guide for more information and template letters that you can use to make the request.

If you have not already done so, you should request the assessment report, phone the DWP office that dealt with your claim, again you should follow up the claim in writing.

Your aim during the MR and Appeal, if it goes that far, is to show that you meet the criteria for an award. It may help you if you have a look at our PIP Claim guides to see what the requirements are.

The PIP guides are on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .
The following user(s) said Thank You: ian smith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.