× Members

PIP Claim form - Q5 Managing treatments

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132175 by CaravanUser
PIP Claim form - Q5 Managing treatments was created by CaravanUser
I have a question about the PIP claim form. Spacifically Q5 Managing treatments. I was given 4 Tenns Machines from my local Hospitals Pain Management Department to help with the content pain I am in. My wife has to help me fit my tennis Machine pads onto my body every day (20 pads in total) and I have to wear these for 5 hours a day. Can I count this in the Q5 Managing treatments section? If so, is it the total time I use this machine each day or is it the total time I need assistants to put the items on and off each day?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by . Reason: tick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132192 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Claim form - Q5 Managing treatments
CaravanUser

DWP guidance for assessors states

"These descriptors apply to the duration of the supervision, prompting or assistance and not the duration of the therapy. For example if compression bandaging is worn 24 hours a day for venous insufficiency, the time spent by another person applying the bandaging is counted, not the time the bandages are worn."

However, if you need assistance to remove the pads then this should be included as well and if their is maintenance to the equipment that is required then it would be reasonable to include this as well, for example; my understanding is that the pads need to be regularly cleaned in order for them to be effective. Also if the pads dislodge or the cables become disconnected with any regularity you should be able to include this under the heading of supervision.

However, you need to show that for the majority of the time you cannot manage this treatment on your own, specifically that you need assistance from another person to apply the pads, etc. and without that assistance you would not be able to do so, if it is simply easier for you to have assistance then you may not score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 1 month ago #132194 by CaravanUser
Replied by CaravanUser on topic PIP Claim form - Q5 Managing treatments
Thanks for that. You answered my question perfectly. Is so nice to finally get questions answered.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.