× Members

ESA Subject to Access

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132215 by Sunny
ESA Subject to Access was created by Sunny
Hi

This is my first post and was wondering please if anyone could offer any advice.

I have moved home and my file with my ESA applications and letters etc have been lost. I have asked in Jan of this year for a copy of all this paperwork by letter to DWP , ESA, I am now being told that they will not be able to supply me with a copy of my application forms although they have them.

Surely this is wrong? these application forms were written on behalf of me with my authority to CAB, can I apply for Subject to Access for this information, does anyone know please? Many thanks :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132229 by
Replied by on topic ESA Subject to Access

Sunny wrote: Hi

This is my first post and was wondering please if anyone could offer any advice.

I have moved home and my file with my ESA applications and letters etc have been lost. I have asked in Jan of this year for a copy of all this paperwork by letter to DWP , ESA, I am now being told that they will not be able to supply me with a copy of my application forms although they have them.

Surely this is wrong? these application forms were written on behalf of me with my authority to CAB, can I apply for Subject to Access for this information, does anyone know please? Many thanks :)

Hi S,

Yes, you can make a Subject Access Request (SAR) to The DWP for all personal information that they hold on you.

This is free of charge.

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your ESA.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

If you have any problems obtaining your personal information, you can make a complaint to : The ICO.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

More
9 years 1 month ago #132247 by Sunny
Replied by Sunny on topic ESA Subject to Access
Thank you for this information very helpful :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.