× Members

ESA Support Group Under 25

• Lady Lou
  • Topic Author
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132242 by Lady Lou
ESA Support Group Under 25 was created by Lady Lou
My 21 year old son has moved from JSA to ESA on mental health grounds and has been put in the SG without a medical.

The DWP have told him that his payment rate will increase as from 24 April and in the meantime he will remain on ESA under 25 assessment rate.

Is this right - I need to be sure before discussing with him?

Help much appreciated.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by . Reason: tick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132249 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Support Group Under 25
Lady Lou

You don't give any dates for the claim but from what you have posted it sounds as your son is still in the 13 week assessment phase of ESA, this being the case the full rates are not payable until this period has elapsed.

If this is not the case then you should contact the DWP as I cannot at this time see any other reason for him continuing on the Assessment rate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.