× Members

Completing the PIP2 form when you can't write

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132258 by Jonathan
Hi,

Can someone, who is not an official appointee and does not have power of attorney, fill in a PIP2 form for someone else who has physical disabilities that make it very difficult and painful to write, as long as the claimant signs it at the end?

Also, would it be acceptable to print the answers, cut them out and stick them over the boxes on the PIP2 form? It does say that the form must be completed in ink but I presume that is more of a warning not to use pencil as it probably won't photocopy/scan well. The issue is that the claimant's physical disabilities preclude even a short note such as "see attached sheet" being handwritten in the boxes.

Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #132266 by

Jonathan wrote: Hi,

Can someone, who is not an official appointee and does not have power of attorney, fill in a PIP2 form for someone else who has physical disabilities that make it very difficult and painful to write, as long as the claimant signs it at the end?

Also, would it be acceptable to print the answers, cut them out and stick them over the boxes on the PIP2 form? It does say that the form must be completed in ink but I presume that is more of a warning not to use pencil as it probably won't photocopy/scan well. The issue is that the claimant's physical disabilities preclude even a short note such as "see attached sheet" being handwritten in the boxes.

Thanks

Hi J,

It would be fine for someone else to fill the PIP 2 Form in for the claimant, especially if one of the claimant's limitations included "writing" as you describe !!

If you look at Page 2 of 35 of The Sample PIP 2 Form it states the following :

"ยท If you're filling in this form for someone else, tell us about them, not you."

The person filling in the form could state that they are doing so, giving reasons.

Said person could then write : See information on separate A4 Page 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, 4 of 4, etc, etc in each of the text boxes.

Similar to the advice that we give regarding adding extra pages when : Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire.

Signing the form would be all that the claimant needed to do.

Remember, if you are to use added A4 pages, they must be attached to The PIP 2 Form, as the PIP 2 Form has a unique Barcode on it that ties it to the claimant.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by .

More
9 years 1 month ago #132268 by Jonathan
Replied by Jonathan on topic Completing the PIP2 form when you can't write
Thanks Bro - I thought that would be the case but I had a little niggle in my mind that the "if you're filling in this form for someone else" line was aimed at appointees/attorneys only.

Thanks for putting my mind at rest, as always :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 11 months ago #159186 by jasonh
Can someone clarify rules on sending a typed response attachment , clearly cross referenced to the information required in the boxes. Has anyone been refused because of this. Any tips appreciated.

More
7 years 11 months ago #159231 by Gordon

jasonh wrote: Can someone clarify rules on sending a typed response attachment , clearly cross referenced to the information required in the boxes. Has anyone been refused because of this. Any tips appreciated.

Yes it's OK to do this and we have not heard of anybody having problems as a result.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jasonh

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.