× Members

HELP

• Sam Jarman
  • Topic Author
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #132347 by Sam Jarman
HELP was created by Sam Jarman
I am trying to get both esa and pip. I have complex PTSD, which has meant that last week when I had my esa assessment I wasn't able to go as work, authority and work environments or any one that can judge me these days is a huge trigger. I rang to esa assessment centre to say I couldn't attend. They said no worries get gp to write supportive statement and ww will reconsider. GP says they don't wrote letters unless esa request then they will send in medical report. ESA saying they don't request medical reports it is upto me to gain supportive info or go to an assessment or have a home visit. I cant go to centre. I cant have them here. My GP is willing to support but only in official capacity at esa request.
What do I do. I cannot even go out the house some days. The build upto the assesment last wk had me in bits. Help..... Have no idea what to do
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #132353 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic HELP
SJ

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You can request a home assessment but it will only be granted if your GP writes to the Assessment Provider (AP) with details of why you cannot attend at their offices.

As you already missed one assessment you must attend the next one or you risk having your claim closed.

For ESA, the AP only writes to about 25% of claimants GPs for further information, we do not have statistics for PIP, but based on feedback from the forum I doubt that it is any higher. GP's are not obliged to provide supporting information for a benefit claim, some may be more amenable if you offer to pay for their time to do so, but if you do, discuss what they will produce in advance, you don't want to pay for something that is of no use to your claim.

You can also request access to your medical records, this will not help directly with the next appointment, but providing new and relevant information may mean that the AP will decide on their own. See

Requesting your medical records

Charging for medical records

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.