× Members

E.S.A change in circumstances advice

More
9 years 1 month ago #132573 by patman
E.S.A change in circumstances advice was created by patman
Hi All
just wanted to know, I am getting E.S.A support group as well as higher rate D.L.A care and mobility. I am now going to add my partner to my claim so i can get the couples rates on my e.s.a as well as partner applying for carers allowance.
The welfare rights that are not very good in my area say I might lose money on my e.s.a?
I get both contribution and income based e.s.a from when i switched from income support to e.s.a

can someone please advise me what i a likely to receive in new benefits once I tell e.s.a and now my partner has just applied for carers allowance. i get now £123.70 a week in e.s.a just wanting to please know the best options on what to claim etc
thank you all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #132594 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic E.S.A change in circumstances advice
Patman

We cannot give detailed financial advice on the forum, you really need to speak to a qualified advisor who can go over the figures with your paper work in front of them.

A rough calculation would suggest that you are currently receiving;

Personal Allowance - £72.40
Support Group - 35.75
Enhanced Disability Premium - £15.55 (also known as Disability Income Guarantee)

totalling - £123.70

Here's my problem, these are all single person payments with at least some of your payment being Income Related ESA, however, you refer to a partner!

If they are not currently living with you then this would explain the single person payments, if they are then they should already be on your claim. If they are not living with you then you cannot add them to your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.