× Members

Visit

• Spring pony
  • Topic Author
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #132765 by Spring pony
Visit was created by Spring pony
I have someone [edit] from Dwp coming to visit tomorrow regarding my daughters DLA. She is not 16 till the end of April but I have filled in the form to be her appointee. Now I'm terrified. They want so much information and I don't know what's going to happen or what they are going to ask. Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #132769 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Visit
SP

It is quite normal for the DWP to visit a parent as their child approaches 16, they need to understand whether your daughter is capable or managing her only claim and finances or whether it would be best if you remain as an appointee.

The DWP officer will want to speak to you both individually and then both together, the following is the DWP guidance on the matter, paragraphs 5170 onwards cover the visit.

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...art-05_Appointee.pdf

and the following

www.gov.uk/government/publications/proce...es-and-third-parties

Try not to worry too much, thee visits seem a lot worse than they actually are.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

• Spring pony
  • Topic Author
9 years 4 weeks ago #132775 by Spring pony
Replied by Spring pony on topic Visit
Thank you for your reply Gordon. Unfortunately my daughter doesn't talk. She never has and it's well documented by hospital/school etc... Will this cause a problem? I shall read that link now.

• Spring pony
  • Topic Author
9 years 4 weeks ago #132776 by Spring pony
Replied by Spring pony on topic Visit
The link doesn't work. Shall try find it.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #132777 by Gordon

Spring pony wrote: Thank you for your reply Gordon. Unfortunately my daughter doesn't talk. She never has and it's well documented by hospital/school etc... Will this cause a problem? I shall read that link now.

No, I can't see why this would be a problem, being able to communicate with others is an important factor in being able to manage your own affairs.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spring pony

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #132778 by Gordon

Spring pony wrote: The link doesn't work. Shall try find it.

I've corrected the link and added a new one.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Spring pony

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.