× Members

ESA support group

• sharonselliennell
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #132771 by sharonselliennell
ESA support group was created by sharonselliennell
Hi, not sure about this because I have not been informed by DWP but I am receiving £108 pw, ESA and not too sure if I have been put into a group because I havnt had an assessment yet. Can anyone help and tell me how it works please. Filled in the esa forms and were getting £72pw but it went upto £101 then up again to £108. Not had a form to send fit note to them either, Help, Thank you.
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #132787 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA support group

sharon wrote: Hi, not sure about this because I have not been informed by DWP but I am receiving £108 pw, ESA and not too sure if I have been put into a group because I havnt had an assessment yet. Can anyone help and tell me how it works please. Filled in the esa forms and were getting £72pw but it went upto £101 then up again to £108. Not had a form to send fit note to them either, Help, Thank you.

Hi s,

I gather that the "esa forms" that you speak of were the ESA 1 Form when you initially made your claim, and The ESA 50 Questionnaire.

The "£72pw" that you mention would be the Assessment Rate (Personal Allowance) that you receive when you first claim before being placed into a "group".

It was actually £72.40/Week, which has now risen to £73.10/Week from 06/04/15

From what you say about it then going up to "£101" that would indicate that you were placed into the WRAG, as the WRAG Component addition was £28.75/Week. (rising to £29.05/Week from 06/04/15)

i.e. Being in The WRAG would = £72.40 + £28.75 = £101.15/Week.

You then say that it increased to "£108" which corresponds to someone in The Support Group(SG)

The SG Component addition was £35.75/Week. (rising to £36.20 after 06/04/15)

i.e. Being in The SG = £72.40 + £35.75 = £108.15/Week.

It looks like you were assessed on your paper evidence alone without the need for a face to face "medical" and initially placed into The WRAG.

It then appears that you were moved from The WRAG to The SG.

Why you have been moved from The WRAG to The SG is not quite clear ?

Did you report a change in your condition ?

Did you request a Mandatory Reconsideration of The WRAG Award ?

If not, maybe the initial WRAG Award was an error.

I note from your post : Here, that you have had a PIP assessment in recent times.

Maybe they used evidence from that to place you in The SG.

You are entitled to a written Decision Notice notice letter from ESA informing you which "group" you are in.

This letter should also include a breakdown of the benefit payments that you are entitled to.

You should have also received an annual ESA uprating letter informing you of the small annual rise from 06/04/15.

All the above is "educated assumption" on my part, made as a result of what you have written.

To gain clarification, you need to contact ESA :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

After answering a few security questions, they should be able to access your ESA file on-screen, and should confirm which "group" you are in.

Whilst on the phone, you could request a Decision Notice/ Benefit Breakdown Letter, tell them that you have never received one if that is the case.

If you can't phone, someone else can phone for you, you will have to be present to give your verbal consent.

You can check pre and post 06/04/15 ESA Rates in this FAQ :

Benefit Rates 2015/16

Please let us know how you get on.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by bro58.

• sharonselliennell
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #132858 by sharonselliennell
Replied by sharonselliennell on topic ESA support group
Thank you for that answer, I rang DWP and they told me I have been put into the support group for ESA, this is good news for me as I am on my last week of sickness pay. Still a bit worried though as I have had to appeal against a PIP result and waiting for the tribunal stage. Can I ask do you know wot else I could get help with such as council tax, I have a mortgage and things will get difficult from now on. once again thanks for your help.

• sharonselliennell
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132885 by sharonselliennell
Replied by sharonselliennell on topic ESA support group
I received my appeal letter for PIP and it says that I had to contact them, I rang today and they said my appeal hearing date would be sent to me but there is a back log of paper work and it could take upto 22 weeks, wot the hell, does any one know wot other help I may be able to get ...panicking now.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132892 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group

sharon wrote: I received my appeal letter for PIP and it says that I had to contact them, I rang today and they said my appeal hearing date would be sent to me but there is a back log of paper work and it could take upto 22 weeks, wot the hell, does any one know wot other help I may be able to get ...panicking now.

I am afraid that there is no way to speed an appeal hearing and other than making a new claim for PIP there is no additional benefit that you can claim, I believe from your previous posts that you are already receiving ESA. Making a new claim for PIP will limit any award that a Tribunal might make, so you should think carefully before doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #132897 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA support group
Hi s,

I don't know whether you have entitlement to any Income Related ESA payments, if you do, you may be entitled to : ESA Premiums

This could result in you receiving extra money on top of your £108.15/Week for being in The SG.

Have a read through : This Topic.

In addition, being in receipt of IR ESA, even a penny, can result in you qualifying for help with Mortgage Payments in the form of : SMI

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.