× Members

had my pip f2f at lilac suite nmgh... absolute hel

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #132772 by maggieomx
well its a week since my PIP F2F at the lilac suite at NMGH Manchester, and iv only just been able to post the experience on here ,
im on fentynal patches 75mg and had to put one on on the Monday just so I could get to the centre as it was on the Wednesday on the day of the f2f I was so doped up with the drug in the patch, I felt shocking my 2 daughters took me and when I got to the centre and went in the waiting room I felt so sick my daughter got me a vomit bowl as I was so ill , I vomited in the toilets twice my appointment was 12,00pm I got called in at 12.20 pm the assessor started asking me all about my illness but I was so out of my face my daughter had to answer most of questions I kept falling asleep and the lady kept asking me to do some excercises like how stong I could push her hand away ect iv had 3 back operations and she started asking me to do thinks with my legs like raising my legs ect and some I had to tell her I couldn't do them as I was in so much pain , then she asked me to stand and face away from her so she could test my hearing as I suffer from some tempory hearing loss as my ear fills with wax and has to be suctioned out every 3 months as I was ust turning away from her I noticed the ceiling had marks on it in metres like 1 metre 2 metre ect it was to test distance from me to test how far I could hear her ask me to repeat words, all the time I had to keep stopping the exam as I felt so sick she kept asking me if I wanted to end the f2f due to the sickness but I declined as I knew it would go against me so I crried on even though I kept falling asleep and felt so sick I was in the f2f exactly an hour and whilst I was in the test I dropped y hair band and left the room without it and im sure she came out to return it to me to see how far I had walked but luckily I was leaning on my daughter when she came out to return it to me , the whole experience was pure hell for me I was so ill with the drug in the patches and today is the first time iv felt well enough to post on here its a week today since the f2f and she said it can take 2-4 weeks for my result my god I just hope putting me through the test is worth it
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by bro58.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 4 weeks ago #132790 by bro58

maggieomx wrote: well its a week since my PIP F2F at the lilac suite at NMGH Manchester, and iv only just been able to post the experience on here ,
im on fentynal patches 75mg and had to put one on on the Monday just so I could get to the centre as it was on the Wednesday on the day of the f2f I was so doped up with the drug in the patch, I felt shocking my 2 daughters took me and when I got to the centre and went in the waiting room I felt so sick my daughter got me a vomit bowl as I was so ill , I vomited in the toilets twice my appointment was 12,00pm I got called in at 12.20 pm the assessor started asking me all about my illness but I was so out of my face my daughter had to answer most of questions I kept falling asleep and the lady kept asking me to do some excercises like how stong I could push her hand away ect iv had 3 back operations and she started asking me to do thinks with my legs like raising my legs ect and some I had to tell her I couldn't do them as I was in so much pain , then she asked me to stand and face away from her so she could test my hearing as I suffer from some tempory hearing loss as my ear fills with wax and has to be suctioned out every 3 months as I was ust turning away from her I noticed the ceiling had marks on it in metres like 1 metre 2 metre ect it was to test distance from me to test how far I could hear her ask me to repeat words, all the time I had to keep stopping the exam as I felt so sick she kept asking me if I wanted to end the f2f due to the sickness but I declined as I knew it would go against me so I crried on even though I kept falling asleep and felt so sick I was in the f2f exactly an hour and whilst I was in the test I dropped y hair band and left the room without it and im sure she came out to return it to me to see how far I had walked but luckily I was leaning on my daughter when she came out to return it to me , the whole experience was pure hell for me I was so ill with the drug in the patches and today is the first time iv felt well enough to post on here its a week today since the f2f and she said it can take 2-4 weeks for my result my god I just hope putting me through the test is worth it

Hi momx,

Thanks for letting us know how you got on at the PIP Assessment.

It sound like you suffered quite a lot !! :(

Well, at least it is over and done with now !!

Hopefully, you will receive a positive outcome, please keep us updated.

If after a couple of weeks you have heard nothing you can get an update by ringing The PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322.

Textphone: 0345 601 6677.

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

bro58

More
9 years 4 weeks ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #132834 by maggieomx
thanks bro who do I ring to get copy of my PIP f2f assessment medical x
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by bro58.

• bro58
9 years 4 weeks ago #132839 by bro58

maggieomx wrote: thanks bro who do I ring to get copy of my PIP f2f assessment medical x

Hi momx,

The same PIP helpline number in my previous post.

You could try requesting it now, it may be a bit soon though.

Some of our members have managed to obtain it before receiving a decision.

You should definitely be able to gain a copy after the decision.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.