× Members

PIP and ESA F2F both in one week

• Anne R
  • Topic Author
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #132798 by Anne R
PIP and ESA F2F both in one week was created by Anne R
I had both my PIP and ESA F2Fs last week (claims put in last summer). I have CFS/ME and am bed-bound 95% of the day. They wouldn't give me a home visit and I was seriously tempted to just cancel all claims but after reading the advice given here felt much more empowered and able to handle it.

I had decided I could actually ask to lie down, and that I could say no to doing any exercises that were asked. And I prepared my mindset, not to be negative, but to say how things really were in terms of limitation - in particular on bad days.

Both interviews went very well. The assessors were extremely kind and considerate. There was no bench in the PIP room but the ESA assessor was fine about me lying down - do whatever you need, she said - and in fact I didn't need but it was nice to know it was a possibility.

The PIP assessor was fine when I said I'd prefer not to do the exercises and why that was (the after effects of exhaustion). The ESA assessor was extremely considerate, friendly and gentle (tho thorough in her questioning).

I made sure to mention every consequence of all the symptoms. The PIP assessor hadn't asked about sleep patterns, so I remembered to tell him how disturbed they were.

The ESA assessor told me when we were near to finishing to text my lift to come and collect me so I wouldn't have to wait (they'd had to nip back to work), and at the end she said 'let's get you home and back into bed' and walked me to the front door to make sure my lift was there.

Of course she could have been checking other things about me, but I took it as a kind gesture.

All in all it was fine. I'm glad it's completed and have no idea of the outcomes, but feel very encouraged by the information that was available here. It would have been a totally different experience without it. Thank you.

Oh, and they were both very glad to get extra written information - I took an extra letter from the doctor and also the people I'm now living with (as I had to give up my flat and am not up to being on my own yet). She said 'we really like extra information'.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #132807 by
Replied by on topic PIP and ESA F2F both in one week

Anne R wrote: I had both my PIP and ESA F2Fs last week (claims put in last summer). I have CFS/ME and am bed-bound 95% of the day. They wouldn't give me a home visit and I was seriously tempted to just cancel all claims but after reading the advice given here felt much more empowered and able to handle it.

I had decided I could actually ask to lie down, and that I could say no to doing any exercises that were asked. And I prepared my mindset, not to be negative, but to say how things really were in terms of limitation - in particular on bad days.

Both interviews went very well. The assessors were extremely kind and considerate. There was no bench in the PIP room but the ESA assessor was fine about me lying down - do whatever you need, she said - and in fact I didn't need but it was nice to know it was a possibility.

The PIP assessor was fine when I said I'd prefer not to do the exercises and why that was (the after effects of exhaustion). The ESA assessor was extremely considerate, friendly and gentle (tho thorough in her questioning).

I made sure to mention every consequence of all the symptoms. The PIP assessor hadn't asked about sleep patterns, so I remembered to tell him how disturbed they were.

The ESA assessor told me when we were near to finishing to text my lift to come and collect me so I wouldn't have to wait (they'd had to nip back to work), and at the end she said 'let's get you home and back into bed' and walked me to the front door to make sure my lift was there.

Of course she could have been checking other things about me, but I took it as a kind gesture.

All in all it was fine. I'm glad it's completed and have no idea of the outcomes, but feel very encouraged by the information that was available here. It would have been a totally different experience without it. Thank you.

Oh, and they were both very glad to get extra written information - I took an extra letter from the doctor and also the people I'm now living with (as I had to give up my flat and am not up to being on my own yet). She said 'we really like extra information'.

My, My AR !!! ,

An ESA Assessment and a PIP Assessment in the one week !!

Poor you !! :(

Thank you very much for taking the time to relate your experiences for our members ! :)

Hopefully you will receive positive outcomes for both.

If you haven't heard anything within a couple of weeks you can obtain updates by ringing :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)

&

The PIP helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by .

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132842 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP and ESA F2F both in one week
Gosh, that is a lot to contend with! I am glad that the assessments are behind you and that you were treated well :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.