× Members

Not Entitled to PIP

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132835 by laineynic
Not Entitled to PIP was created by laineynic
I apologies if this is not how you do things on here I needed to ask someoness advice what to do next. My local CAB is barely open and is a 18 mile round trip to the nearest pone After the humiliation and being degraded I got the results of my assessment. Low and behold I have not been awarded PIP. Absolute kick in the stomach. Guess I'll have to go back to work now. That assessment does not take into account the Angina, the leaking mitral valve, the COPD in my right lung, I also have auto immune disease of the liver. Plus I had ITP last year and was in hospital for a month. My blood is still monitored today. Combine all of these and I
The medication that has caused memory loss, fatigue, nausea, vomiting. I scored a total of u8 points good god I wish I was as fit as this assessment said I'd have gone back to work last year. I scored 0 points on You can express and understand verbal information unaided. My daughter was with me and had to keep prompting me. I walk won't go on my own to unfamiliar placs because it seems to be so many second delays in hearing what someone is saying. The woman asked for my id I thought she said medication. 0 points you can read and understand basic and complax written info either unaided or using glasses. I don't read books anymore as I get lost in the words and letters my husband or my family read them to me. 0 points engaging with other people. Ok when I have someone with me on my own I hate as I can make a fool of myself. Budgeting decisions 0 points - you ban manage complax budget decisions - no I am no longer responsible for the bill paying I forget things and we have ended up with charges because I haven't put money in the bank.

I got 4 points for daily living activities - 0 points Planning and following a route of a journey unaided. I barely go out in the car on my own I am either to tired to drive, scared of forgetting where I am going. I always have a family member with me. I have to change appointments when no one can come with me.

4 points moving around. I have to use a wheelchair out and about. I get beathless and suffer from fatigue. I can't stand for anylonger than seconds because of the pain in my back.

I had my daughter with me during the assessment and with her my confidence was better than if I was on my own. They claimed I walked ok after the assessment which wasn't true I was very uncomfortable and I was in sheer pain. By the time I got to the car I was so tired I slept all the way home. The assessor said I did not have a memory lapses as when she asked me the 3 things I remembered them - counting backwards in 7's apparently there is nothing wrong with my state of mind. Yet I forget my medication if I'm not told to take it or if I have taken it I try to take it again. 0 points preparing food - I don't prepare food any more I have my meals left everyday by my family to warm or eat. Or my carer comes in and makes lunch. Managing Therapy or medication - my family put all meds ready for me daily. Ensuring I have my insulin if they don't I forget. 2 points for helping me bath and wash. I have a bath chair tolift me in and out I can't wash my own hair or shave my legs. points managing my incontinence - I have to ge tmy family to helpme wash and clean myself up after an accident with my bowl condition. I carry incontinence pads and wipes spare clothes with me all the time. 2 points for dressing - even though my family and carer sort my clothes for me. I didn't have socks on at the assessment as my hubby had not given me any.
I had to fight to get the DLA in 2012 and now here I am again fighting for PIP. At this stage I see you say to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. Do I add any more info to this. I am already feeling so ill today I haven't stopped being sick now for 6 days I feel my head will explode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132853 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Not Entitled to PIP
laineynic

As you have already surmised your only way forward is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, the request should be made within one month of the date on the Decision Notice, you should make the request in writing and I would include a statement that you will be supplying additional information as part of the process.

Have a look at our MR & Appeal guide for more details of the process and template letter that you can use to make the request. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should request the assessment report from the DWP office that dealt with your claim, this can be done over the phone but you should follow up the request in writing.

As you are a long term member of B&W I assume that you used our PIP Claim guides to complete the form, but it would still be worth your while going back through your claim form with the guide once you have the report, to compare what the assessor wrote and what you did.

If you have any questions about the process or about the assessment criteria then reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132869 by laineynic
Replied by laineynic on topic Not Entitled to PIP
Hi Gordon - thank you so much for your reply I have followed the guidelines for a Mandatory Reconsideration. Yes I did use the B&W help pages for filling in my claim. I am going to go back through the details again and I will also send my diary which I never sent previously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.