× Members

Will this trigger a reassessment (annual pension)

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #132880 by Chrissy
Hi

Every year, my ex-emplooyer, who pays my occupational pension, sends me a letter, notifying me of my new annual pension amount.
Around the same time, the DWP send me a form asking me for my new, updated pension amount.

This happens around April. The DWP, today, have sent me my annual form to fill in, to notify them of my new pension annual amount, so that they can adjust my ESA.
They have given me two weeks to notify them.

I have not yet had my annual letter from my employer, notifying me of my new pension amount. I normally send the DWP a copy of the letter from my ex employer, so they can adjust my ESA.
I have phoned my ex employer enquriring as to theh wearabouts of my annual pension increase letter, and they said that this year, there is a delay in generating the letters, and it will take one to three weeks, so, I may be late in notifying the DWP.
Normally, in the old days, I would phone the DWP and warn them the letter may be late, but in these cynical kafkaesque current times, I am frightened to, in case it would trigger a medical assessment.
The dwp have asked if they can contact my ex employer and I am happy for them to.

thanks
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #132888 by

Chrissy wrote: Hi

Every year, my ex-emplooyer, who pays my occupational pension, sends me a letter, notifying me of my new annual pension amount.
Around the same time, the DWP send me a form asking me for my new, updated pension amount.

This happens around April. The DWP, today, have sent me my annual form to fill in, to notify them of my new pension annual amount, so that they can adjust my ESA.
They have given me two weeks to notify them.

I have not yet had my annual letter from my employer, notifying me of my new pension amount. I normally send the DWP a copy of the letter from my ex employer, so they can adjust my ESA.
I have phoned my ex employer enquriring as to theh wearabouts of my annual pension increase letter, and they said that this year, there is a delay in generating the letters, and it will take one to three weeks, so, I may be late in notifying the DWP.
Normally, in the old days, I would phone the DWP and warn them the letter may be late, but in these cynical kafkaesque current times, I am frightened to, in case it would trigger a medical assessment.
The dwp have asked if they can contact my ex employer and I am happy for them to.

thanks

Hi C,

Yes, these DWP annual review letters are standard for ESA claimants who also receive a Works Pension. (WP)

I know several people who receive them also.

I would not worry too much.

I would fill in the relevant parts of the DWP letter as normal, photocopy it, and post back within the two week deadline in the usual manner :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

I gather that you receive monthly payslips, you could photocopy the last three of these, ideally one of them indicating the annual WP rise that you have been given.

You could also include a brief letter, highlighting the amount of the annual rise, (if you know it) and informing them that you have not received the annual WP uprating letter from your ex-employer, giving reasons, and that you will forward copy to them when you receive it.

You could state that they have your full permission to contact your ex-employer if they need to.

This type of thing has happened to some of my friends/relatives on several occasions in the past, and it has not caused any problems.

You could also state in the letter that you have had to return the letter/form before having written confirmation of the annual WP uprating to comply with their 2 week deadline.

This is a financial review/assessment, and will not trigger a reassessment of your ESA "grouping".

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by .

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132902 by mayflower
Hi Chrissy

I have just today received the same 3 page forms, one for me & one for my partner. On page 1 under the heading "What we want you to do", the second sentence reads, "If you cannot provide details of the increase, please fill in the enclosed sheet & send it back to us i the prepaid envelope provided." The sheet referred to allows you to put in the name & address of the pension provider & your signature giving the DWP your consent for them to contact the pension provider to give them the details of the increase. The other sheet has the address of the DWP & a section which asks for details of the changes ie pension increase & who it affects. The 2 pages, 2 & 3, are to be returned to the DWP Having just filled in the forms & my partner taking them to post before coming on the forum I can't recall which of the pages is which.
I've had these forms every year since 2011 & done the same thing every year & had never had a reassessment WCA so I don't think it would do so for you. By completing the form & consenting to the DWP contacting your pension you don't have to worry about waiting on the info to arrive before the 2 week deadline.
Best wishes,
mayflower

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132922 by slugsta
Yes, I get this around this time every year too. It's a bit of a pain as I never get my pension uprating letter until after the end of April but it has never triggered a reassessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #132944 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Will this trigger a reassessment (annual pension)
I only get details of my pension rise in the payslip it applies to, usually as late as payday (I am paid in advance) and I point this out every year when I send in the form to DWP. It doesn't stop them sending the next form a month in advance with instructions to get it back within a fortnight, though.

I just send the form back when I get the payslip, and I've not had any negative consequences.

I've never given them permission to contact my pension provider either.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.