× Members

CHANGING ADDRESS

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132953 by Mark R
CHANGING ADDRESS was created by Mark R
I recently changed address and thought i would write to the DWP to confirm for my existing esa and dla claims and made a signed statement that ONLY my address had changed and my circumstances remained exactly the same.
Now thinking that was all i needed to do was a big mistake, come pay day NO money was paid in and i spent over an hour sorting it on the phone they asked many questions and quoted various laws relating to not informing the dwp of changes in circumstances. Even though they told me they had received my letters confirming a change of address.
A few days later i have received a letter from my local jobcentre asking me to attend an interview regarding a work focused interview, even though i am in the support group of esa!
I am yet to decide if i should attend.
It would seem to me that its best just to talk to them on the phone if there are any even if trivial differences in your claim
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132970 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic CHANGING ADDRESS
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You did the right thing and all that is required, by informing them in writing regarding your change of address, so what the "lecture" over the phone was all about, I don't know !!

It would not be that unusual for a break in payments to occur with a change of address.

The ESA payments system is precariously piggybacked on the JSA payments system, so any pause/suspension of payments needs a DWP worker to re-instigate it manually.

The letter that you speak of may be pure coincidence, or they may be getting sent out in the new area that you live in, if that is the case.

We have had quite a lot of our members in The SG who have received such letters.

Gordon has written a post summarising information regarding this scenario in :

The Spotlight Area.

As advised, you can challenge them to ascertain exactly "what" the interview is pertaining to, and whether it is Mandatory or Voluntary.

You can then make an informed decision on whether to attend.

Further information can be seen in : This Topic and from the links included therein to other associated topics.

You will see more detail with respect to DWP Decision Makers Guidance and ESA Regulations on not having to take part in WRA/WFI if in The SG, and " Reasonable Adjustments" for disabled people as covered under The Equality Act 2010. (EA2010)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.