× Members

TIME LIMIT FOR RECEIVING ESA

• William
  • Topic Author
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132969 by William
TIME LIMIT FOR RECEIVING ESA was created by William
After being assessed at a face to face interview in December 2013 I was refused ESA because of gaining 0 points, I appealed and had another medical in September 2014, although this was turned down again, DWP relooked at my case and decided that I was entitiled to ESA in the support group because of my osteo-arthritis. I have worked from aged 15 until having to give up work aged 56 due to my condition. Although being placed in support group, I do not receive any money as I no longer have enough NI contributions, so DWP are crediting my NI stamp but nothing else.

Is this correct, my wife works full time and earns over the benefit threshold.

Any advice, guidane would be much appreciated

William
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #132973 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic TIME LIMIT FOR RECEIVING ESA

William wrote: After being assessed at a face to face interview in December 2013 I was refused ESA because of gaining 0 points, I appealed and had another medical in September 2014, although this was turned down again, DWP relooked at my case and decided that I was entitiled to ESA in the support group because of my osteo-arthritis. I have worked from aged 15 until having to give up work aged 56 due to my condition. Although being placed in support group, I do not receive any money as I no longer have enough NI contributions, so DWP are crediting my NI stamp but nothing else.

Is this correct, my wife works full time and earns over the benefit threshold.

Any advice, guidane would be much appreciated

William

Hi W,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

"I do not receive any money as I no longer have enough NI contributions, so DWP are crediting my NI stamp but nothing else.

Is this correct, my wife works full time and earns over the benefit threshold."

It "may" be correct !!

It depends of whether the eventual Support Group (SG) Award was a "remaking" of the original "fit for work" decision circa December 2013 ?

Or was it as the result of you reporting a Change of Circumstances (C of C) with respect to a deterioration/change in your medical conditions and resulting limitations ?

When you say :

" I appealed and had another medical in September 2014, although this was turned down again"

Was the appeal "turned down" by a Tribunal or The DWP once more ?

If your appeal was not successful as a Tribunal found that you were in fact fit for work, then if you have been placed into The SG as the result of a totally fresh ESA Claim, you may well not have the necessary NI Contributions for entitlement to payment of CB ESA.

" DWP relooked at my case and decided that I was entitiled to ESA in the support group "

Why did the DWP re-look at your case, what instigated this ?

We really need you to give more historical details before we can give a more definitive response, paying heed to my questions above.

It is important that you clarify whether decisions where as a result of you requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration of the adverse decision by The DWP, as a result of an Appeals Tribunal decision, as the result of reporting a C of C to The DWP, or due to making a fresh ESA Claim to The DWP.

Please reply to this post.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.