× Members

PIP VERSES ESA EATING/DRINKING

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #132975 by woodsie
PIP VERSES ESA EATING/DRINKING was created by woodsie
Hi Guys!
Quick question?
Waiting for PIP result. Now have ESA form.
Just for clarification.
PIP taking nutrition help from another person to eat/drink
I am blind and use a plate surround for main meals. My food is checked; is it cooked, are there small bones.Condiments,seasoning,sauces/gravy added or found for me, menus read for me, whats on the plate ect.

Q18 ESA eating and drinking.
Am I right in thinking; that they are looking at completely different criteria for ESA.
That the evidence quoted for PIP is not relevant.
I know that they now compare evidence supplied for PIP with ESA and visa versa; so just didn’t want to seem as if I have an issue on one form but no issues on the other!
Thankyou for any response in advance!
Regards Matchseller.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #132992 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP VERSES ESA EATING/DRINKING
matchseller

The criteria are very different, PIP is looking at the assistance you need with eating, ESA is looking at the function of eating and specifically whether you can "Convey food or drink to the mouth" and whether you have problems with "Chewing or swallowing food or drink". Issues that you obviously have with the preparation and presentation of food will not be counted for ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.