× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration - PIP

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133002 by Feelinghopeless
Mandatory Reconsideration - PIP was created by Feelinghopeless
Hi,

I sent a written request for an MR following my transfer over to PIP, a month ago and still have not heard anything. The request was in the form of a detailed letter and a letter from my psychiatrist explaining in more detail why I should have been given the mobility component. It was sent a day or two before the one month deadline from the date of their initial decision letter, so not sure if it was a day late, although it was sent recorded delivery. I thought they would have at least sent me an MR form to complete by now, or a standard letter to say my file had been given to another decision maker, but nothing so far and it has been a month since I sent my MR request.

I don't want to phone them because I struggle with the phone, and also prefer to deal with things in writing so that everything is documented. Is a month a normal amount of time after requesting an MR, not to have heard anything, and should I write to them explaining that I sent a letter and would like to know what is happening? Also, if it was received a day or two after the deadline, could they dismiss it?

Many thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago #133007 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Mandatory Reconsideration - PIP

mad cow wrote: Hi,

I sent a written request for an MR following my transfer over to PIP, a month ago and still have not heard anything. The request was in the form of a detailed letter and a letter from my psychiatrist explaining in more detail why I should have been given the mobility component. It was sent a day or two before the one month deadline from the date of their initial decision letter, so not sure if it was a day late, although it was sent recorded delivery. I thought they would have at least sent me an MR form to complete by now, or a standard letter to say my file had been given to another decision maker, but nothing so far and it has been a month since I sent my MR request.

I don't want to phone them because I struggle with the phone, and also prefer to deal with things in writing so that everything is documented. Is a month a normal amount of time after requesting an MR, not to have heard anything, and should I write to them
explaining that I sent a letter and would like to know what is happening? Also, if it was received a day or two after the deadline, could they dismiss it?

Many thanks.

Hi mc,

The DWP do not send a written confirmation of receipt of a written MR request from a claimant, nor do they send an "MR form".

You may be able to check on-line if it was recorded signed for delivery :

RM Track & Trace.

There is no stipulated time limit on how long the DWP should take in dealing with an MR request.

You could get someone else to phone for you regarding an update of your MR request, as long as you are present to give your permission initially.

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Failing that, you would have to write once more :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

If the MR request was a day or so late they could insist that you provide "Good Cause" for the lateness if they wanted to be awkward !!

As you may know, there is an absolute limit of 13 months after the date of any adverse decision notice letter for making "late" MR/Appeals.

See : Mandatory Reconsiderations Explained

ESA MR/Appeals.

&

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

You cannot progress to the Appeals Stage until you receive a written MR Notice from The DWP informing you of their decision.

Unless you contact them, you will not know "where" your MR is up to !!

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.