× Members

Reminder letter for non-returned ESA50 form.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133005 by Doris
A quick question if I may.

Once issued with an ESA50, does the DWP - in all case's - follow it up with a reminder letter if they've not received the completed form back ?
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133008 by bro58

Doris wrote: A quick question if I may.

Once issued with an ESA50, does the DWP - in all case's - follow it up with a reminder letter if they've not received the completed form back ?

Hi D,

Yes they "should" !

The reminder should be sent out 3 weeks after the ESA50, i.e. one week before the return deadline date.

In some cases, the reminder letter will still be received after the claimant has returned the ESA50, if it was returned early.

bro58

• bro58
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #133017 by bro58
Hi D,

Just thought that I would post the "Regs" for you :

It was originally ESA Regs 2008 22. (a) & (b) ( See also : ESA Reg 37. for LCWRA ) :

"22.

(a)at least 6 weeks have passed since the claimant was sent the first request for the information; and

(b)the claimant was sent a further request at least 4 weeks after the date of the first request, and at least 2 weeks have passed since the further request was sent."

This was amended on 31st October 2012 (I think) from "6 weeks" to 4 weeks @ (a), "4 weeks" to 3 weeks, and "2 weeks" to 1 week respectively @ (b) :

See :

"Amendments to the Employment and Support Allowance Regulations 2008"

@ 23. (5) (6) (a) & (b)

Which amended both ESA Reg 2008 22. (2) (a) & (b) for LCW and ESA Reg 2008 37. (2) (a) & (b) for LCWRA.

"23.

(5) In each of regulations 22(2)(a) (failure to provide information in relation to limited capability for work) and 37(2)(a) (failure to provide information in relation to work-related activity), for “6 weeks” substitute “4 weeks”.

(6) In each of regulations 22(2)(b) and 37(2)(b)—

(a)for “4 weeks” substitute “3 weeks”; and

(b)for “2 weeks have” substitute “1 week has”."

About 2/3 of the way down : This Page.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.